CM: Black Sea RELEASED!!!!

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2015, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

I'll be picking this up shortly; hopefully you nutters on the mainland will be done by then!   :crazy2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 30, 2015, 03:35:17 PM
Any word on whether Black Sea features a campaign (or better, campaigns) - ?  Haven't seen word on this over at Battlefront.

There are indeed

Zulu1966

Well - I think the server just crashed - not even getting a response from my download link. If I didn't love CM so much I would be angry. :knuppel2:
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: fabius on January 30, 2015, 02:58:19 PM
It is here!!!

Regular order download  :D
I'm not buying out of principle  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 30, 2015, 03:39:49 PM
Quote from: fabius on January 30, 2015, 02:58:19 PM
It is here!!!

Regular order download  :D
I'm not buying out of principle  :P

Cutting your nose off to spite your face again, I see... :coolsmiley:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

You have to play to your skill set  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

sandman2575

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 30, 2015, 03:36:51 PM
There are indeed

Sold, then. 

When Red Thunder came out, I was disappointed it only had 2 main campaigns... then I started the German "Blunting the Spear" campaign -- and I'm still not done with it (after a few false starts plus the annoying "26% Bug" that interfered) -- anyway, it's freaking HUGE, and I've poured many hours into it, with a ways still to go....

Much, much prefer the campaigns to the one-off Quick Missions.

JudgeDredd

2 hours 30 minutes left...Justin time to complete for bedtime   :D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

fabius

Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 30, 2015, 03:37:49 PM
Well - I think the server just crashed - not even getting a response from my download link. If I didn't love CM so much I would be angry. :knuppel2:

Had that too. Just be patient and keep clicking each step.

Longest for me was the green download tab.

Eventually it took. Have 90 minutes before my battle-group rolls

endfire79

Quote from: fabius on January 30, 2015, 04:07:00 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 30, 2015, 03:37:49 PM
Well - I think the server just crashed - not even getting a response from my download link. If I didn't love CM so much I would be angry. :knuppel2:

Had that too. Just be patient and keep clicking each step.

Longest for me was the green download tab.

Eventually it took. Have 90 minutes before my battle-group rolls


This sounds complicated...  Is it downloading through a custom installer GUI or something? 
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Zulu1966

Quote from: endfire79 on January 30, 2015, 04:10:42 PM
Quote from: fabius on January 30, 2015, 04:07:00 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 30, 2015, 03:37:49 PM
Well - I think the server just crashed - not even getting a response from my download link. If I didn't love CM so much I would be angry. :knuppel2:

Had that too. Just be patient and keep clicking each step.

Longest for me was the green download tab.

Eventually it took. Have 90 minutes before my battle-group rolls


This sounds complicated...  Is it downloading through a custom installer GUI or something?

No - its just sharefile - pretty standard stuff. I must also add that I have never had this issue with any previous games. It must mean this one is hugely popular. Which might be a little frustrating but is good news as far as I am concerned. The stuff these guys produce is superlative and nothing come close IMHO so the more money they make the better. There are plenty people in the world who make far more and don't deserve a fraction of it. there is always tomorrow. :smitten:
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

fabius

Yeah I had the feeling from it the server was just busy and had to be luck on the click or wait in line.

panzerde

Looks like Elvis is at work. My first d/l kak'd, but when I restarted it there was an entirely different looking process. I'm getting about twice the throughput I was getting. Still not what I'd like, but has cut the projected time in half.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JudgeDredd

My download has been kicked now. 50% too :'(

Well...it is bedtime anyway. I'll leave it running, see if it downloads overnight
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

fabius

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 30, 2015, 05:34:33 PM
My download has been kicked now. 50% too :'(

Well...it is bedtime anyway. I'll leave it running, see if it downloads overnight

Mine look stuck at 57%  :tickedoff: