Combat Mission: Black Sea Up for Pre-Order

Started by Cyrano, November 05, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Great Ajax

My download went pretty smooth.  Stayed steady around 1.5 MB/Sec.   No issues.

Trey

Quote from: RyanE on January 30, 2015, 02:09:08 PM
On the download...it is horrendous.  I am getting spikes of 1Mb/sec, but the majority of time it is sub-300kb.  I was at 90% when it suddenly went to 0 and never recovered.  I have tried 6-7 times now and it is slow as crap.  I just did a connection test by downloading a Matrix game and it zipped right through.  Not sure what kind of servers BFC is using, but they suck.  I would like to think they know how many people have preordered and would have the resources to handle it.

Just tried again on another network hardwired and I am averaging 180kb/sec.  Maybe they need to torrent it.

Con

I am jumping between 25 minutes left for the last 2GB and 3 days!!!  Hope those are the spikes you are seeing

Con

RyanE

What is frustrating is I bought the preorder and they obviously didn't have the server capacity set up for the preorder downloads.  As soon as the regular downloads went up, I got faster speeds.

panzerde

Pretty much dragging along, here. About 400kbps.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

RyanE

I am now down to 25kb/s...this will be the last time I preorder...what a waste.

JudgeDredd

I'm getting a steady but not superfantastic 550KBs

Look - why don't you lot stop downloading just now. The speed will pick up later.  >:D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

panzerde

If anyone from Battlefront would like to learn about using AWS as a content distribution network that scales with demand, please call me. :-)
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

PAK

Guys, pleasee, just wait for cmbs in bargain with future modules - You will get two for one: better price with better transfer speed  ;D

Elvis

Quote from: panzerde on January 30, 2015, 05:28:18 PM
If anyone from Battlefront would like to learn about using AWS as a content distribution network that scales with demand, please call me. :-)

That is exactly what we use. And, as I understand the system, the bolded bit is what is happening now. Chris just posted this:

"Just checked in with the superiors about the slow speeds. Apparently the master download image (the file that you download) is still propagating around the cloud, so many of the download servers are not active yet. So speeds should get better through the day as more servers come online."



Quote from: RyanE on January 30, 2015, 04:56:47 PM
I am now down to 25kb/s...this will be the last time I preorder...what a waste.

I imagine that this isn't what The Company would like for me to say but......The only reason that I, personally, would pre-order is if I wanted both the physical disc and the download version. The lead time for downloading isn't enough to make the driving force for pre-ordering for me. In the few hours advance notice isn't enough to make it worth it. By the time pre-order people see the email and get free to download it the general public is already downloading for most people.

RyanE

Well the real reason I pro=ordered was to get a download before the servers got hammered.  BFC obviously misjudged preorders somehow.  The network failure errors and average of about 200kb/s.  I hope they learn a little from this and are better prepared to take my money.

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 30, 2015, 04:58:23 PM
I'm getting a steady but not superfantastic 550KBs

Look - why don't you lot stop downloading just now. The speed will pick up later.  >:D

How much did it cost all in?

I bet the P+P is :o   What if Customs grabs it??  :knuppel2:
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Asid on January 30, 2015, 05:53:09 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 30, 2015, 04:58:23 PM
I'm getting a steady but not superfantastic 550KBs

Look - why don't you lot stop downloading just now. The speed will pick up later.  >:D

How much did it cost all in?

I bet the P+P is :o   What if Customs grabs it??  :knuppel2:
I didn't pre-order pal. I won't pay half the price of a game in postage. The game was $55 and the postage was $27!!

I've just joined the plebs in downloading.

You're a nightmare...everytime I see you on these forums I think "I must get back to Steel Beasts"!!!  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Yskonyn

I am stuck at a hotel. Have fun guys! I hope the servers wont melt down in the mean time. :)


.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."