CM: Black Sea RELEASED!!!!

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2015, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 31, 2015, 07:27:52 AM
Norton is fine with my CM games too, as long as I mark them in its whitelist.


.

For my download of CMBS, I had to make no changes to Norton.  Download and install went off without having to whitelist anything so maybe they made some tweaks with this version for Norton.

fabius

Quote from: jomni on January 31, 2015, 07:32:10 AM
My first mission is a quick battle.  Russia vs Ukraine.  I play the Russians on the attack.



More pictures in the screenshot section.
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=948.msg328175#msg328175

Ouch, how did that happen??

And it's encouraging if battle AI can do that on the defence. Wonder how it does on meeting engagements and attack.


jomni

Quote from: fabius on January 31, 2015, 07:45:53 AM
Ouch, how did that happen??

And it's encouraging if battle AI can do that on the defence. Wonder how it does on meeting engagements and attack.

Well-placed ATGMs and RPG's.  My BTR's don't really stand a chance to even the most basic anti-tank weapons.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: RyanE on January 31, 2015, 06:47:57 AM
Mine finally finished its download after I went to bed.  I am genuinely curious what is going on.  There are still people on the BFC forums saying they are getting very slow downloads.  There has to be something wrong on the server side.

I guess we'll never know the total scope of the issues......there is no doubt people who experienced issues have a right to be upset since many pre-ordered and were excited to play a game that took forever to download.  Even though there were a number of people who reported the issue over at the official forums and here, that still likely is a very small percentage of the actual people who downloaded it.  We'll never know if everyone else was mostly fine or whether they just don't post in forums.  Most people only post in forums when they are having a bad experience while the other people may have had a good experience and was playing the game.  In my case, my download was completed in 45 minutes with no issues but it was in the evening since I couldn't start it until I got home.  I am sure I would have been one of the frustrated people if it happened to me.  There is no doubt that BF sometimes lacks good communication skills and compassion with their customers, which often adds unneeded fuel to the fire but I don't see that changing much, although Chris over there seems to be the exception in many cases.

There is no doubt for the next release that BF will hold off releasing the finished product for a day or two to ensure all the download servers are properly setup to avoid this situation but likely a no win situation for them since people will be hounding them to release the game as soon as possible.  Hopefully everything becomes better today and the talk moves towards the game itself and people get a chance to play.

fabius

Quote from: jomni on January 31, 2015, 07:52:47 AM
Quote from: fabius on January 31, 2015, 07:45:53 AM
Ouch, how did that happen??

And it's encouraging if battle AI can do that on the defence. Wonder how it does on meeting engagements and attack.

Well-placed ATGMs and RPG's.  My BTR's don't really stand a chance to even the most basic anti-tank weapons.

Well placed in a QB... great !!  8)

I'm hoping QBs are good enough for me to make and play some kind of solo campaign, tracking things outside of the game.

sandman2575

There are already sound and effects mods available -- can't wait to give these a try --  hate the stock 'laser beam' tracers, and stock sound's a little bland --

http://community.battlefront.com/forum/101-cm-black-sea-maps-and-mods/

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 07:53:43 AM
although Chris over there seems to be the exception in many cases.

HEY!! What about me?

QuoteThere is no doubt for the next release that BF will hold off releasing the finished product for a day or two to ensure all the download servers are properly setup to avoid this situation but likely a no win situation for them since people will be hounding them to release the game as soon as possible.  Hopefully everything becomes better today and the talk moves towards the game itself and people get a chance to play.

You are correct. RyanE has been asking about why it happened, I know Chris and Steve have each posted about it and I answered his question directly to him but in the interest of clarity, when the game (or any download) is put up on the Amazon server it propagates to other servers. This takes some time. Also, as a download gets "more action", it propagates to even more. Allowing it to sit on the servers for a day before the downloads start increases the number of servers that the download is available on and reduces bottlenecks. As Steve said in the link that RyanE posted, the policy now will be to have it up for a day before releasing the game. As you say, it is a no win situation, especially when people are clambering for the game and it is already behind schedule.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on January 31, 2015, 10:03:30 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 07:53:43 AM
although Chris over there seems to be the exception in many cases.

HEY!! What about me?



Oops:)  Of course you have been very helpful here and your honesty has been appreciated, I was more referring to the official messages that are delivered on the official forums.

RyanE

So here is the semi-final say from Steve...

"Citrix update. Today they say they now fully understand the problem and are implementing a solution. I do not know when this will be complete, but I will update this thread as information comes in.

The problem seems to have started on Thursday, one day before we released. Obviously the timing was not good for any of us.

Steve"

So it wasn't the customer's issue.  This is one of those times Steve should have just said "we are looking into it".  Instead he kind of took a pretty aggressive stance that it wasn't their problem.  He needs to learn that he only makes it worse for BFC with his reactions to any perceived criticism from the masses.