OOTP 16 - Now Officially Licensed

Started by Nefaro, January 23, 2015, 12:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Hoping their upcoming football text sim will become similarly deep.

JudgeDredd

Yes - definitely hope so - but given their hockey game and the lack of enthused feedback on that (at least on release), we might be asking for too much for a first attempt.

What about the hockey game? Has that received patches? Is there a new release planned?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 30, 2015, 02:38:22 AM
Yes - definitely hope so - but given their hockey game and the lack of enthused feedback on that (at least on release), we might be asking for too much for a first attempt.

What about the hockey game? Has that received patches? Is there a new release planned?

They plan on one final patch for the old version and are in the middle of working on the new release.  They have been completely quiet for the most part on details and release dates because the initial release went so bad.  No idea when to expect it and how much it will actually improve.  The current version did receive a number of patches but appears most people still feel it is buggy and not a great user interface. 

Bison

Are you still playing the demo or did you upgrade to a full version?

MetalDog

Demo.  Unless the IRS fairy brings me a big, fat, chunk of cash I haven't accounted for, my parsimonious ways will continue and I will look for an opportunity to buy this at a discount in the future.  But it will be bought.  AND....it appears that there is a MP function to this.  Not sure how that would work, or who would be interested, but, I would certainly be up to give it a go.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

sandman2575

Metaldog, you may be able to find ootp 14 really cheap if you look around -- it was just on sale somewhere recently for a couple of bucks. 14 still has plenty of mileage left in it, still a fantastic, full-featured game if 15 is too pricey. (I played a ton more 14 than 15 in fact).

vyshka

Quote from: MetalDog on January 30, 2015, 05:19:59 PM
Demo.  Unless the IRS fairy brings me a big, fat, chunk of cash I haven't accounted for, my parsimonious ways will continue and I will look for an opportunity to buy this at a discount in the future.  But it will be bought.  AND....it appears that there is a MP function to this.  Not sure how that would work, or who would be interested, but, I would certainly be up to give it a go.

There are tons of online leagues out there. If you check the ootp forums there should be a forum dedicated to it.

MetalDog

With Richard Nixon's head and John Candy making the endorsements, how could I lose ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Well have been talking about starting up a league for sometime.  The multiplayer takes a bit to setup, but it's been awhile since I've looked at it.  I also think everyone needs to be on the same version.

OOTP 15 is $20 on Steam, this is a good version and should hit a sale in the next month or so just before they release 16.  16 comes should if history holds true just after the 1st or 2nd week of the season and it'll go on sale at all star break.

MetalDog

I Just added '15 to my Wishlist.  If any of you should happen to see it on sale from its $20 price point, please let me know.  If not, I may hold out until the All Star break for a reduced price '16.  In either case, count me in for MP and let me know what I need to have, '15 or '16.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

KyzBP

Quote from: Bison on January 30, 2015, 06:26:13 PM
Well have been talking about starting up a league for sometime.  The multiplayer takes a bit to setup, but it's been awhile since I've looked at it.  I also think everyone needs to be on the same version.

OOTP 15 is $20 on Steam, this is a good version and should hit a sale in the next month or so just before they release 16.  16 comes should if history holds true just after the 1st or 2nd week of the season and it'll go on sale at all star break.

I've played in a MP league before and it is a lot of fun, especially if everyone kind of knows each other.  I would be interested in playing in a Grog League as long as I'm not the Commissioner.  Hopefully the MP setup is a little easier now.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on January 31, 2015, 08:15:55 AM
Quote from: Bison on January 30, 2015, 06:26:13 PM
Well have been talking about starting up a league for sometime.  The multiplayer takes a bit to setup, but it's been awhile since I've looked at it.  I also think everyone needs to be on the same version.

OOTP 15 is $20 on Steam, this is a good version and should hit a sale in the next month or so just before they release 16.  16 comes should if history holds true just after the 1st or 2nd week of the season and it'll go on sale at all star break.

I've played in a MP league before and it is a lot of fun, especially if everyone kind of knows each other.  I would be interested in playing in a Grog League as long as I'm not the Commissioner.  Hopefully the MP setup is a little easier now.

How exactly does a league work in OOTP?  Do you have a combination of human and computer owned teams or do all teams have to be human controlled?  Assuming you just setup your team's rosters/lineups and then somehow exchange game files to see results?  How often do you exchange stuff, after every single game after month's worth? etc.  Just trying to understand how much involvement is required and the mechanics.

vyshka

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 08:22:44 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on January 31, 2015, 08:15:55 AM
Quote from: Bison on January 30, 2015, 06:26:13 PM
Well have been talking about starting up a league for sometime.  The multiplayer takes a bit to setup, but it's been awhile since I've looked at it.  I also think everyone needs to be on the same version.

OOTP 15 is $20 on Steam, this is a good version and should hit a sale in the next month or so just before they release 16.  16 comes should if history holds true just after the 1st or 2nd week of the season and it'll go on sale at all star break.

I've played in a MP league before and it is a lot of fun, especially if everyone kind of knows each other.  I would be interested in playing in a Grog League as long as I'm not the Commissioner.  Hopefully the MP setup is a little easier now.

How exactly does a league work in OOTP?  Do you have a combination of human and computer owned teams or do all teams have to be human controlled?  Assuming you just setup your team's rosters/lineups and then somehow exchange game files to see results?  How often do you exchange stuff, after every single game after month's worth? etc.  Just trying to understand how much involvement is required and the mechanics.

I've never played in a league (so may be talking right out of my ***), but my understanding is there is a central location where things are downloaded/uploaded by the game. The commissioner is responsible for simming a certain period of time, and posting the updated files. Owners download the update, then people make roster moves, set strategy, so on, and upload those updates. There probably usually is a mix of human/cpu owned teams with perhaps some rules/oversight in place for trades with cpu teams. I need to buckle down and really spend some time learning the game (or I could just take the cubs), and I'll be happy to join a grog league.

MetalDog

Looks like some solid interest for a Grog league.  It'd be easier on my wallet to get '15.  And it's the one I am a little familiar with.  I'd really like to have the MLB license though.

Interested:

MetalDog
Bison
KyzBP
vyshka

Any thoughts on what league parameters might be?  Current players?  Historical?  Small league?  Large league?  Multiple Human owned teams?  Season length?  And on and on... ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Grim.Reaper

I could be on board for giving this a try.......although, does look like it requires some kind of web setup to run.  Here is a link to the OOTP15 manual that talks about the league play. I would vote for the OOTP16 version since likely most people will be moving towards that and will want to play the current version.  But certainly understand if others prefer the older version.

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php?man=ootp15&page=ootpb_online_leagues