Making History: The Great War to Launch at National World War I Museum

Started by MetalDog, January 07, 2015, 11:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MuzzyDev

I think we're still on track to release today.  One small glitch with the tutorial (which we will give away free like the demo).  If you have a registered game, the tutorial was letting players choose any nation, which doesn't work since the tutorial is specifically designed to use Austria Hungary!  Fixing it right now, then I think the release version will go live!

Let me take this time to offer a special thanks to the Groghead community for jumping in and being part of early access and giving us feedback on the game.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

Ian C


steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Al

Made it down the launch at the WWI Museum (I could spend a week in that place   8)  )  Very informative presentation by the people from Muzzy Lane.  Explained a lot of the "why" and "how" behind the game and were very gracious fielding questions from the audience.  Had a lot of computers set up so people could try out the game.

I really didn't know much about the game before I went there but I very impressed with what Muzzy Lane has done with simulating the economic and diplomatic aspects of simulating WWI.  The game is very deep and there's a lot to keep an eye on while playing.  Bought a copy while I was there.

They did mention that a Cold War version of Making History is in the works so I think that's something definitely to look forward to.
Al

steve58

I remember seeing something about a Cold War version in a long ago email, but I thought the email also said that ML was going to have another go at WWII first.  Wonder if they've reconsidered and are going to push out a Cold War version first?? O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Al

Quote from: steve58 on February 01, 2015, 02:24:31 PM
I remember seeing something about a Cold War version in a long ago email, but I thought the email also said that ML was going to have another go at WWII first.  Wonder if they've reconsidered and are going to push out a Cold War version first?? O0

Don't recall any mention of re-doing WW2 but a Cold War version was definitely talked about.  No timeline given.
Al

MuzzyDev

Quote from: Al on February 01, 2015, 02:27:59 PM
Quote from: steve58 on February 01, 2015, 02:24:31 PM
I remember seeing something about a Cold War version in a long ago email, but I thought the email also said that ML was going to have another go at WWII first.  Wonder if they've reconsidered and are going to push out a Cold War version first?? O0

Don't recall any mention of re-doing WW2 but a Cold War version was definitely talked about.  No timeline given.

Thanks for coming to the event, Al!  Glad you enjoyed our presentation.  Did I get a chance to speak with you? 

We are planning to revisit WWII, as well as the Cold War.  We also have plans in the short term for some kind of expansion and/or DLC for TGW.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

Nefaro


JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Al

Quote from: MuzzyDev on February 05, 2015, 11:40:13 AM
Quote from: Al on February 01, 2015, 02:27:59 PM
Quote from: steve58 on February 01, 2015, 02:24:31 PM
I remember seeing something about a Cold War version in a long ago email, but I thought the email also said that ML was going to have another go at WWII first.  Wonder if they've reconsidered and are going to push out a Cold War version first?? O0

Don't recall any mention of re-doing WW2 but a Cold War version was definitely talked about.  No timeline given.

Thanks for coming to the event, Al!  Glad you enjoyed our presentation.  Did I get a chance to speak with you? 

We are planning to revisit WWII, as well as the Cold War.  We also have plans in the short term for some kind of expansion and/or DLC for TGW.

Chris--

I attended your first session.  I'm the one who asked if Muzzy Lane could include in the game manual a bibliography of the sources you used.  I thought it was an impressive list.  Some books I wasn't too familiar with.  Unfortunately I couldn't stick around too long to play The Great War more.  If you recall the weather that day wasn't too great and I had a long trip back home.  Thanks again for a fine presentation.
Al

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.