List of American Football Games

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 03, 2015, 07:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

I know we have some American Football fans out there and we have had a couple past threads....therefore I assembled a list of football games that I am aware of in case folks are interested in checking out.  These are more the strategy type of games, not arcade games like Madden nor online football game sites.  These are also games that are currently available versus games that aren't made anymore.  I have played/tried many of them, but haven't played them all.

I am sure I missed some, so feel free to add to the list:)

Season Replay (pretty much play one historical season, not career based)
ActionPC Football
http://www.dksports.com/

Strat-O-Matic Football
http://www.strat-o-matic.com/products/football

Second and Ten Football
http://www.secondandten.com/

Bowlbound Football
http://oddmangames.com/BOWL_BOUND_PAYDIRT_ITEMS.html

Data Driven Football
http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/index_files/Page565.htm

4th Street Football
http://www.4thstreetsoftware.com/prod01.htm

Paydirt Football
http://oddmangames.com/BOWL_BOUND_PAYDIRT_ITEMS.html

Inside Blitz Football
http://www.insidesportsgames.org/inside_blitz.htm

PlayMaker Football
http://www.playmaker.com/software/playmaker-football-windows

Career
Front Office Football
http://www.solecismic.com/fof/index.php

Front Office Football - The College Years
http://www.solecismic.com/tcy/index.php

Professional Football Simulator
http://www.barcodegames.com/

Football Mogul
http://www.sportsmogul.com/games/football15.html

Bowlbound College Football
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/bb/

Front Page Sports Football (new version)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/316700/

Card Game
Gridiron Solitaire
http://store.steampowered.com/app/266270/

Coming Soon
Beyond the Sidelines Football (career)
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0134/

Nefaro

Nice list.  I didn't know about a few of those.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on February 03, 2015, 07:41:10 PM
Don't forget Maximum Football.

I debated putting that one on the list:). Just curious have you ever played and if so, what did you think?

bbmike

I have. It's fair at best. You can mod it and there are mods for it but it is certainly not worth the price it's currently at.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on February 03, 2015, 07:49:35 PM
I have. It's fair at best. You can mod it and there are mods for it but it is certainly not worth the price it's currently at.

I always wanted to try it but always read it was not worth it...looks like I made the right choice.

BanzaiCat

There's Card Football...http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22924/card-football-premiere-edition

I picked this up at Origins or GenCon (can't remember which) back in 2006. Not a bad game at all. The company, CSE Games. also makes an NHL card game, for those interested. http://csegames.com/

Card Football is out of print, even though the company is still around (I don't see it for sale on their site). However, it's easily enough found through BGG. I'm sure there's some


Also have/had Wild Card Football...http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/100431/wildcard-football

I remember it being pretty meh, though.


Statis Pro Football was an old favorite of mine. I still have the 1988 edition (which has stats from the 1987 season)...http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4454/statis-pro-football


And how can you forget Electric Football?

...well, I know it's easily forgotten, but how many of us wasted time in our younger years trying like mad to play this stupid electronic football game and then arguing like mad about the results each and every play?

JudgeDredd

#7
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2015, 07:43:12 PM
Quote from: bbmike on February 03, 2015, 07:41:10 PM
Don't forget Maximum Football.

I debated putting that one on the list:). Just curious have you ever played and if so, what did you think?
Mate if that POC Front Page Sports Football made it on there, you should have allowed Maximum Football  :P

But nice list. I'm definitely in the market for an American Football game...I want OOTP Developments interface - but I'm up for one right now.

I'll have a look at reviews...Front Office is on my radar though
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

BanzaiCat

Yeah, Maximum Football was not a good game. At all.

vyshka

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 04, 2015, 08:22:35 AM


Statis Pro Football was an old favorite of mine. I still have the 1988 edition (which has stats from the 1987 season)...http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4454/statis-pro-football


In jr. high and high school I played in a league at our local hobby shop. We would have a draft every year when the new set of cards came out. I would buy up all the magazines about football and study all summer long, coming up with lists for the draft. I had an awesome draft one year, and then blew it all in some crazy trade that for the most part netted me Vinny Testaverde a couple weeks before he proved his worth to the world. I never lived that down.

BanzaiCat

^ LOL.

I loved the game, but hated it too. My primary opponent was VERY good at reading stats and always seemed to perfectly counter my plays - highly frustrating. I didn't think I was doing that bad a job. It got a lot easier when we drafted our own teams. I remember getting Ickey Woods before the injury, in that huge first year he had...he had a field day that game. :)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 04, 2015, 12:29:30 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2015, 07:43:12 PM
Quote from: bbmike on February 03, 2015, 07:41:10 PM
Don't forget Maximum Football.

I debated putting that one on the list:). Just curious have you ever played and if so, what did you think?
Mate if that POC Front Page Sports Football made it on there, you should have allowed Maximum Football  :P

But nice list. I'm definitely in the market for an American Football game...I want OOTP Developments interface - but I'm up for one right now.

I'll have a look at reviews...Front Office is on my radar though

Probably a fair statement:) 

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers


fabius

I have high hopes that Beyond the Sidelines Football will be the one.