Main Menu

ARMA III - Stuck

Started by JudgeDredd, February 11, 2015, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I'm stuck on Exit Strategy in ARMA III's second chapter. I've decided to take the helicopter out. I have explosives, smoke and a rocket launcher. I go to a location near the road, put the explosives on the road, wait and blow the patrol.

Now the commander said I should call him once I've taken out the patrol, I should pop smoke and then the helicopter will come and I can take it out.

But I don't know how to contact him. I've been through all the message options. I've tried popping smoke to see if that triggers him contact me or me him...nothing. So I keep dying because the MRAP up the road sees me and takes me out because I'm running about trying to find the trigger.

Any ideas?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

I can't help you there. I clocked 114 hours and haven't played a single second of the campaign.  O0

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on February 11, 2015, 06:41:49 PM
I can't help you there. I clocked 114 hours and haven't played a single second of the campaign.  O0

200 hours and no campaign.

jomni

I'm playing those massive dynamic missions where I build bases, earn money, recruit ai troops and capture control points.  Some multiplayer in between.

JudgeDredd

That sounds like fun - more fun than being stuck in the campaign and replaying the same mission over and over 'cos I can't work out what to do.

I'm sure JH has the answer - I think he's finished the campaign or at least further along than this mission. There is another mission I could take to assault the depot - but I rather fancy taking out the chopper...I just need to know how to contact the commander.

I don't know if I'm not doing something right, whether it's a broken trigger point or whether I just don't know what the trigger point is...damned hidden trigger points. From what I gather, the guy says to take out the patrol then contact him...so I thought taking out the patrol was the trigger point.

I wonder if I also have to take out the MRAP up on the hill? That could be part of the patrol...even though strictly speaking they aren't actually patrolling

Calling JARHEAD  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

It's been so long since I played the second chapter of the campaign. Do you know the name of the missin? I'll have to go back and look and maybe play it again. I definitely got passed it without too much frustration, or else it would stand out in my mind.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

#6
Thanks

It's Exit Strategy where I meet the officer who has switched sides

For the record, I think I have to take the MRAP and the soldiers up on the hill out also. I've just been taking out the APC driving up and down the road. I think the MRAP is part of the trigger sequence.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 11, 2015, 04:28:14 PM
I go to a location near the road, put the explosives on the road, wait and blow the patrol.



Better keep that on a Need-To-Know basis. 

:P

JudgeDredd

Nevermind - done it thanks. Turns out I was trying to get the APC patrol going along the road - I wasn't even IN the helicopter ambush bit. There's a few soldiers there that you have to take out.

After trying and retrying, I drove in and ran them over  :2funny:  I then called the officer who called for help , I laid smoke and took the chopper out with the RPG I had  :smitten:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Father Ted

Quote from: Nefaro on February 12, 2015, 01:25:33 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 11, 2015, 04:28:14 PM
I go to a location near the road, put the explosives on the road, wait and blow the patrol.



Better keep that on a Need-To-Know basis. 

:P

Fnarr fnarr (Finbar Saunders: does that mean anything to anyone?)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people