Main Menu

Far Cry 4

Started by JudgeDredd, February 15, 2015, 03:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Well...say what you like about Ubi - and there's a lot to be said, they have royally screwed a lot of things over time - but their production values are superb. But then I do like this kind of stuff. Great story and superb graphics go a long way to sucking me in. If the game's good too, so much the better.

Far Cry 4 looks absolutely amazing. On top of that, there's superb characters and what seems like a good story.

I actually haven't actually played yet - in terms of doing anything. I only fired it up and let the story play out. When I was left alone, I stayed put as opposed to moving around trying to escape. I stayed there for 15 minutes before the story picked up again - and I'll let you find out what happens, but it's pretty classy.

Far Cry 3 was an amazing game with a great story and fantastic characters and this looks to be very much continuing that class act.

Massive thumbs up - and I haven't even played yet  :crazy2:

GR - you mentioned about long cut scenes....I have no doubt there are throughout the game...there's certainly a lot right at the beginning...but I do love them. They are well played out with great characters and a great story. I did not feel the need to rush through them.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Thanks for the update....I don't mind the cut scenes the first time through, but would prefer an option to skip especially if you start over and get killed.  Still thinking about this one though...saw they have an autodrive feature now which sounds good especially since I always suck at driving vehicles within these games.

JudgeDredd

It doesn't look like there's any way to get out of the cut scenes if you so desired.

It is unashamedly a reskin of Far Cry 3 - but oooohhh.....what a reskin.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 15, 2015, 09:13:14 AM
It doesn't look like there's any way to get out of the cut scenes if you so desired.

It is unashamedly a reskin of Far Cry 3 - but oooohhh.....what a reskin.

Nothing wrong with a reskin if you liked far cry 3...sometimes good to stick with a good winning formula.

SirAndrewD

It's every bit as good as Far Cry 3, and by that it's really good.   I haven't played as much of it as I want to either, but I've liked what I've seen. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Well, ended up purchasing myself and it does look very good graphically.....good start to the game, just completed the prologue....should be a good time....

Queeg

Unfortunately, for me anyway, the best part of FC4 was before I actually started playing it.  The game looks amazing, but much of the gameplay is boring or just plain odd. 

There are far too many scripted missions - kill X with a shotgun (no other weapon will do), beat-the-timer busy-work missions, etc. 

Worse, the animals are insane - someone is being attacked by an animal literally every two minutes.  It's great to stop and admire the amazing scenery - but you can't lest you be attacked by eagles or leopards or dogs or tigers or bears or badgers or pigs....   Animals are far more dangerous than humans in this game.  Just a bizarre design choice. 


JudgeDredd

This is one stunning and superb game...couple of issues though

  • Hunters - piss off. Seriously - do one!
  • Animals are on crack!

Apart from that, superb stuff.  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Arctic Blast

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 21, 2015, 03:32:37 PM
This is one stunning and superb game...couple of issues though

  • Hunters - piss off. Seriously - do one!
  • Animals are on crack!

Apart from that, superb stuff.  O0

Hunters can be nasty if you're not expecting them. I found myself doing A LOT more recon around bases before taking them down once hunters started showing up in big numbers.

As for the animals, I don't have a problem with them except the eagles. Those things are enormous flying aggression machines on PCP!

Grim.Reaper

I am glad I picked this up even though originally hesitant.  Not far into yet but have enjoyed every moment so far, but haven't encountered any major animals and hunters yet...sure they are coming soon:)

JudgeDredd

The Eagles are my main gripe. You just don't know when those bad boys are going to attack. You can hear their shriek just before they do attack, but that gives you no time to see where they are.

And yeah - I worked out if you sneak around, Hunters won't find you until you give yourself away.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people