Talk about being ripped a new one!

Started by Swatter, February 13, 2015, 11:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

I don't know....although the interviewer is aggressive, not sure if I mind that in situations where people are being held accountable for things they have promised or said in the past.  I read another article where it appears someone won a contest where they were going to have a role within the game and promised money from its sales.  Sounds like that kid was strung along without any responses for months, which didn't seem right either.  And I don't believe he still has received anything.

Whether the interviewer could have approached it differently is debatable but in the end I am glad it brought focus to the situation so people are more aware in dealing with this company in the future.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 15, 2015, 09:47:43 AM
I don't know....although the interviewer is aggressive, not sure if I mind that in situations where people are being held accountable for things they have promised or said in the past.  I read another article where it appears someone won a contest where they were going to have a role within the game and promised money from its sales.  Sounds like that kid was strung along without any responses for months, which didn't seem right either.  And I don't believe he still has received anything.

Whether the interviewer could have approached it differently is debatable but in the end I am glad it brought focus to the situation so people are more aware in dealing with this company in the future.

He hasn't received anything, and apparently won't until the multiplayer is running...and one of the other developers recently stated that MP is now never going to happen on the PC. This is not to mention the fools who threw a few hundred bucks at the Kickstarter to get extra stuff which has never been produced, and probably never will be. The whole situation is pretty much a complete disaster.

Huw the Poo

Wow.  That's the first time I've clicked an RPS link for a while, and all it did was reaffirm my opinion that John Walker is a miserable, disgruntled, bitter old twat.  What a horrible interview.  I actually gained some respect for Peter after reading that, and that's coming from someone who has vowed never to buy another one of his games.  Also:

Quote from: Toonces on February 14, 2015, 01:08:05 PM
So if you can't afford to flush that money down the toilet, you shouldn't be giving money to a kickstarter campaign.

Sympathy felt=0.

Precisely.

Arctic Blast

I would be perfectly fine if both John Walker and Peter Molyneux ceased having careers in anything resembling gaming.

Gusington

Damn you all  are making it sound like Molyneux designed Battlecruiser 3000 or something.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 22, 2015, 07:48:31 PM
I would be perfectly fine if both John Walker and Peter Molyneux ceased having careers in anything resembling gaming.


An excellent summing up!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2015, 07:52:27 PM
Damn you all  are making it sound like Molyneux designed Battlecruiser 3000 or something.

Heh.  I haven't enjoyed any of his games since DK2 but he isn't that bad! :)

Yskonyn

Hey!  :( Cut the crap about Battlecruiser! It happens to be one of my favorite sandbox games of all time!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

republic

I can't believe they actually published that Q&A.  I have to say my opinion of RPS has diminished significantly.  It felt like I was reading the conversation between one of my middle school students and an adult...  I do wish the gaming press would be a little less Rose colored and actually go out on a ledge and press developers for their choices, but all this was is safely jumping in on a gang beat down with all the other gaming press.

I'd personally like to see answers to difficult questions from the Sword of the Stars 2 team...  I don't know that I've ever experienced something like the SOTS2 debacle since Master of Orion 3.  I'd really like to know what went wrong there.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 23, 2015, 02:18:42 AM
Hey!  :( Cut the crap about Battlecruiser! It happens to be one of my favorite sandbox games of all time!
How did you manage to play it? Buggy as hell is my memory of it. It really was
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Arctic Blast

Jim Sterling's thoughts pretty much mirror my own :


panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres