Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 Released

Started by PanzersEast, September 03, 2013, 01:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KyzBP

11. Historical changes: We've added new historical seasons to the game, so you can start even further in the past. In addition, you can now continue your game when reaching the last historical year and turn your game into a fictional league. We've added historical dollar values and a season preview, so you always know the situation for every season you are just about to start.

I'm tempted to pick it up for that reason alone.  I was the biggest hockey fan through the 80's and 90's.  It would be sweet to play during that era.

Nefaro


Grim.Reaper

Looks like some teasers for the next version...seems like still on target for release by end of May....

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/fhm-2-general-discussions/254449-fhm-2-teaser-thread.html

JudgeDredd

So is FHM "complete"? Bug free?

I was thinking about Eastside Hockey Manager - but I might wait and see how this turns out.

Does anyone have both? Any preferences and why? I do have a soft spot for OOTP so my heart leans there - but FHM wasn't very well received on release and I've heard little about it round here since release.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

#19
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 27, 2015, 12:42:04 AM
So is FHM "complete"? Bug free?

I was thinking about Eastside Hockey Manager - but I might wait and see how this turns out.

Does anyone have both? Any preferences and why? I do have a soft spot for OOTP so my heart leans there - but FHM wasn't very well received on release and I've heard little about it round here since release.

I don't expect FHM to be terribly good for a few years yet, if the rate of improvement with the first one is any indication.  It has potential but I don't have any expectations that it will be achieved this year. 

The new EHM is in Early Access, and I'm guessing it will be that way for awhile.  They're releasing new updates regularly, and it seems quite playable right now even though it still needs some more work.  The UI is a bit of a mess in places where you have to dig around to find what you're looking for, or regarding filling out your lines (click instead of drag can cause you to accidentally remove someone you placed for example).  But hopefully the UI will eventually receive much more attention.

I'm also unsure as to whether the old EHM engine has been updated to fit higher screen resolutions.  IIRC, it was still using the 1024x768 max 4:3 ratio res last time I looked.

JudgeDredd

Thanks Nef

Hold on is what I get from your post.  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 27, 2015, 12:42:04 AM
So is FHM "complete"? Bug free?

I was thinking about Eastside Hockey Manager - but I might wait and see how this turns out.

Does anyone have both? Any preferences and why? I do have a soft spot for OOTP so my heart leans there - but FHM wasn't very well received on release and I've heard little about it round here since release.

The current version of fhm has been disappointing, but they do still plan to release one last patch, which I doubt will curb all the complaints.  As for the new version coming out, nobody knows how much has really improved although on paper looking like headed into the right direction, just a matter of time before hopefully it lives up to most expectations.

Ehm is the better game at the moment but has many years head start on fhm.  Although the developers have been making updates, there has been no long term commitment in whether the game will continue to receive new versions, right now it is more of a trial based on sales.  If your not a huge hockey fan you may want to start with ehm, it is by far the cheaper and more complete product at the moment and then you can wait to see how the new fhm version turns out and invest later if you desire.

Nefaro

Yeah, if you want to do some Hockey management right now then the latest EHM early access on Steam is your best bet.  It's quite cheap, so not a big deal for the wallet, and playable. 

I wouldn't expect the next version of FHM to be done for awhile, and it really needs much more done since last years' version so I'd wait and see on that one.