Homeworld Remastered Available for Pre-Order

Started by Jarhead0331, January 25, 2015, 02:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 28, 2015, 01:13:59 PM
So you're leaving it to me to ask why he's playing games with a knife next to his pc?

Some questions are better left unasked.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Starfury's Construction and Circumcision Service.

our motto is "Measure twice and only cut once!"
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Quote from: jomni on February 28, 2015, 07:53:25 AM
Stuck again!  Aliens turn my ships into enemies.

if its the mission after the nebula ones just attack the derelict ship with all of your strike craft.
do NOT attack anything else because once you take out that ship the rest become yours to use.
I had retired all my fighter grade ships so I built up 40 bombers and took it down in under a minute.  I only lost 4 bombers.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Staggerwing

Sure, cut right to the chase why don't ya...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

well some honesty here:
Im having a bug sometimes switching between the tactical and strategic screen where the whole screen goes black.  the upside is I can save and reload at that point and the game works fine so Im guessing its a gpu issue.
Im also not happy with how the formations with capital ship dont formate as they should.  band box a bunch of frigates and select wall and they kinda make these weird non-wall shapes.  this usually isnt much of an issue but theres one level where you NEED tight formations to navigate and Im having to micro manage the shit out of things.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 28, 2015, 01:13:59 PM
So you're leaving it to me to ask why he's playing games with a knife next to his pc?

Not in the least. He's a modeler. He's single. Therefore where he places the tools for his hobby aren't regulated by a traditional sense of a tidy home.

Frankly I often sit in the family room and paint minis. On rare occasions I also use an Xacto knife. I don't freestyle model like I think Star does - he's far more talented than I could ever hope to become. But his freestylin/scratch building means he's far more likely to have something like an Xacto within arm's reach.

Besides, what's wrong with having a knife next to your PC?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

100% correct.  though I think LB has the chops to get dirty with modeling.

on a Homeworld front though I've re-remembered one of the subtle reasons this game was so loved graphically.
it pays honored homage to the Terran Trade Authority books of sci-fi art.







Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 01, 2015, 01:08:37 AM
100% correct.  though I think LB has the chops to get dirty with modeling.

on a Homeworld front though I've re-remembered one of the subtle reasons this game was so loved graphically.
it pays honored homage to the Terran Trade Authority books of sci-fi art.







You give me too much credit. I certainly have the balls to try to freehand model, but I can assure you the skill is not there.

On the bright side, I own one of those books  8)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Im going to steal every one of these ships!

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


panzerde

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 01, 2015, 01:08:37 AM

on a Homeworld front though I've re-remembered one of the subtle reasons this game was so loved graphically.
it pays honored homage to the Terran Trade Authority books of sci-fi art.


Exactly one of the things I've loved about HW, too. I have too of the TTA books and absolutely poured over them as a kid. The war against Proxima is halfway a real event in my mind.  :smitten:
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


undercovergeek


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.