Main Menu

Virus on Tiller game?

Started by BigBlueFleet, February 26, 2015, 12:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rahamy

I have seen this a couple of times over the years & it is a false positive. It can be safely ignored, the AV software tweaked and you can play.
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

panzerde

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 26, 2015, 04:25:38 PM
By the way, it's been a while since I've used Windows but I was always of the opinion that the built-in protection (Essentials?) was good enough.  Commercial virus scanners cause more problems than they solve in my opinion.


Sadly, based on real-world benchmarks Windows Essentials which used to be quite good is these days at the absolute rock-bottom in terms of protection. Fortunately there are good, free AV programs available like Bitdefender for folks who would rather not shell out for other AV solutions.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

BigBlueFleet

TYVM Rich at HPS, and all the members here for their input.  Looks like I have a game to play! :) ;) O0

JasonPratt

Quote from: bbmike on February 27, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
Quote from: amandachen on February 27, 2015, 06:23:41 AM
Several websites (e.g. VirusTotal, Metascan) let you upload a file and then check it against multiple antivirus engines. That's what I use to reassure myself that an alert is likely a false positive.

Interesting, I didn't know sites like that existed. Thanks!

Also, welcome to the forum!  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FarAway Sooner

Yeah, I've also had good experience with Panda, AVG, and Avast's free software in the last few years.  I don't think I've paid for an AV service in half a decade or so, although I always keep a free copy of something running.