Next wave of Lucasarts games at GoG

Started by JasonPratt, March 19, 2015, 05:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

As of 8 hours ago, this morning:

Dig
Loom
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (I may need to look into that one, never played it)
Monkey Island 2 (Special Edition with upgraded gfx)
Zack McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Outlaws (+ A Handful of Missions)

http://www.gog.com/news/more_classics_from_lucasfilm_now_on_gogcom
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Meh, when's the next Lucasarts wave?  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Staggerwing

The Dig was an interesting game for it's time. I'd love to play it again if the graphics were improved with a slightly higher resolution.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

-budd-

enjoyed and finished outlaws, may pick it up when a sale comes around. "where are you Marshal"
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Huw the Poo

My lady missed Loom the first time around so I may well get that one.  Everyone should play Loom. :)

DennisS

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2015, 01:55:30 AM
My lady missed Loom the first time around so I may well get that one.  Everyone should play Loom. :)

Not this version. It's not the same..lots of content missing, bad port, everything. My daughter LOVED this when it came out..and now, she is seriously disappointed.

JasonPratt

I never did finish Outlaws (but the cinematics were fairly easy to watch on their own, so I saw how it ended). I think I got stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to be looking for pieces of a water mill, and couldn't find the last remaining piece. After a couple of days on that I decided I had other things to be doing with my life.

Still, I had fun up to that point. I eventually combined most of the wave file music tracks with a 'western' sounding movie soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, to John Woo's movie Broken Arrow. They work great together.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 20, 2015, 11:43:40 AM
I never did finish Outlaws (but the cinematics were fairly easy to watch on their own, so I saw how it ended). I think I got stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to be looking for pieces of a water mill, and couldn't find the last remaining piece. After a couple of days on that I decided I had other things to be doing with my life.

Still, I had fun up to that point. I eventually combined most of the wave file music tracks with a 'western' sounding movie soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, to John Woo's movie Broken Arrow. They work great together.

Outlaws was my first multi-player FPS.  Great fun.  I think I was still on a dial-up modem, but no discernible lag.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: DennisS on March 20, 2015, 09:27:48 AM
Not this version. It's not the same..lots of content missing, bad port, everything. My daughter LOVED this when it came out..and now, she is seriously disappointed.

Oh wow, really?  How disappointing, but I appreciate the warning. O0

PanzersEast