Until I FRIDAY, I'm never gonna stop searchin'...

Started by MetalDog, March 20, 2015, 06:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 20, 2015, 01:48:12 PM
...JD - good luck for avoiding the wooden spoon
Thanks - there's a chance - but it's very slim...and Scotland put themselves in that position. They should've beat France, Wales AND Italy. England at Twickenham was a big ask and unlikely to happen, but Scotland, given the way they played, should've been sitting pretty on 6 points. Instead, they're on nil point and the last game.

Deja vu - such is the life of a Scotland supporter!  :'(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Huw the Poo

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 20, 2015, 05:08:54 PM
I'm in for some Interstellar Marines.... Ooh Rah.

'Twould be fantastic to get some regular IM sessions in, timezones permitting.  It's a bloody good game.

Father Ted

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2015, 05:54:11 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 20, 2015, 05:08:54 PM
I'm in for some Interstellar Marines.... Ooh Rah.

'Twould be fantastic to get some regular IM sessions in, timezones permitting.  It's a bloody good game.

I'd give that a go - are we all Steamed Up?

Skwerl

Given the recent news of the SSI reunion (of sorts):

Fantasy General
Star General
Age of Rifles

Huw the Poo

Good news: I ordered my new PC! \o/

Bad news: The stupid "helpful" automated form-filling of my browser filled in my home postcode at the end of my work address.  Nooooo!  I immediately sent an email to the seller to ask them to change accordingly.  I hope this doesn't throw a spanner in the works. :(

Airborne Rifles


Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on March 20, 2015, 02:17:23 PM
I am finding myself drawn, yet again, into the vortex that is the American Civil War.  I booted up Scourge of War: Gettysburg last night and played a sandbox Army v. Army scenario and just had a blast fighting as BG Wadsworth's First Corps against the evil Rebels.  A full-on nail-biter that went on for 1.5 hours of real time with the Iron Brigade making a final, desperate stand on the hill with the cemetery on it.  So, definitely some more Scourge of War.  I'd really like to make a study of the game and learn how to play it properly.


It may sound weird, but I've been avoiding playing SOW lately because I know that once I start again I probably won't stop for awhile and everything else on "my list" will suffer.   :D

Once you get familiar with it's idiosyncrasies, you'll want to binge on it.  O0

JasonPratt

Well, I haven't gamed anything yet this weekend except Vietnam '65.

But I did start the Absolute Newbie AAR on it, as I'm learning the game, so there's that.

Also, werewolves are involved somehow. Vietnamese Verewolves. (Not in the game. But in the game.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

#38
About to do Day Four in the AAR.

NOW NAMING VILLAGES AFTER GROGS who post in the thread!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 21, 2015, 04:26:00 PM
About to do Day Four in the AAR.

NOW NAMING VILLAGES AFTER GROGS who post in the thread!

Well, then I really shouldn't post in that thread. You can't have a village named bbmike. Even I don't like my username!  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GJK

Quote from: bbmike on March 21, 2015, 06:04:23 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 21, 2015, 04:26:00 PM
About to do Day Four in the AAR.

NOW NAMING VILLAGES AFTER GROGS who post in the thread!

Well, then I really shouldn't post in that thread. You can't have a village named bbmike. Even I don't like my username!  :buck2:

"bbMike" sounds like the name of a firebase.....I say go with it Jason.  ;)

I too found myself firing up SOW after getting an ACW urge again.  I'm reading the rules for The Gamers/MMP's "Line of Battle" series for an ultimate game of G'Burg but to scratch the itch quickly, I fired up SOW for a few hours. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JasonPratt

Does Bbmike sound Vietnamese? -- I'm naming villages right now, not the forward bases.

Oh well; I've got to name a fourth village, soon, so if you post, Mike, I'll name it whatever you like.  O0

(Or even if you don't post, if you want to tell me here or by pm. :) )

So far, Besilarius, Banzai_cat, and undercovergeek, have villages named for them, btw.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2015, 04:37:59 PM
Thanks guys!  For the curious...bearing in mind I have an extremely limited budget, I think that something like this is going to give me the best bang for my buck - also bearing in mind that I have a recently-donated GTX 570 to plug in there too.  For the money, I think I'm going to have a fairly respectable rig.  Certainly a quantum leap forward from my current Pentium D Dual Core 1.8GHz, 4GB RAM piece of crap. ;)
Looks pretty, Huw!  Here's hoping it gives you many happy hours of gaming enjoyment.  O0 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on March 22, 2015, 07:29:53 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2015, 04:37:59 PM
Thanks guys!  For the curious...bearing in mind I have an extremely limited budget, I think that something like this is going to give me the best bang for my buck - also bearing in mind that I have a recently-donated GTX 570 to plug in there too.  For the money, I think I'm going to have a fairly respectable rig.  Certainly a quantum leap forward from my current Pentium D Dual Core 1.8GHz, 4GB RAM piece of crap. ;)
Looks pretty, Huw!  Here's hoping it gives you many happy hours of gaming enjoyment.  O0

Wherever it gets sent to

Huw the Poo

I know!  No reply to my email yet, hopefully just because it's the weekend.  What worries me is that delivery drivers probably use postcodes in their satnav systems so if this doesn't get sorted the PC may well not get delivered. :(

Martok - thanks!  I already have a number of games I can't really play properly so at least I'll have plenty of gaming goodness straight away. :)  I'm particularly looking forward to diving back into Rising World, Interstellar Marines, Starbound and maybe even Dota 2 (I was always the guy holding up the start of a game because mine took so long to load).