Ardennes (A 7DRL - 7 Day Rogue Like) in development

Started by spelk, March 10, 2015, 02:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

spelk

Looks promising, I've often wondered if you could come up with a wargaming based RL.

http://7drl.org/2015/03/10/ardennes-coming-along/

Nefaro

I think someone could make a roguelike for just about any situation.

I've never been into 7DRLs just because they're so simple, which isn't a quality I look for in RPGs.  Sounds like the game mechanics in this one fit that description.

spelk

The reason I like 7DRL's is because they're not confined by the need to build a fully fledged game, they can experiment and show just one aspect of a new gameplay mechanic that really liberates the developer to try something out of the ordinary. It's a short dev period focussing on a key concept, and some of them are true gems, mostly not, but the point is to encourage stepping out of the box, pushing the envelope of ideas and showcasing that idea to the RL community. There is some shallow dross, but amongst the glut of participants, there are real hints at other ways of doing things. Massaging wargaming themes into procedurally generated content is a worthy pursuit if you ask me. :)


Nefaro

It's an interesting concept.  But I'm not sure there is enough in it's 7DRL form to hold my attention.  Maybe the guy will expand upon it.  :)

spelk

According to his blog, its a quick design variation on his planned board game (not sure whether its real, or computer based)

http://nosoldierleftbehindgame.com/



spelk

Since the 7DRL competition finished, the developer has been working in extra functionality to the game, detailed here:

http://7drl.org/2015/03/21/ardennes-post-7drl-release/