"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Martok on March 22, 2015, 02:50:18 PM
...Which I still haven't watched.  :-[

Don't do it.  Watch seasons 1 and 2 and burn anything with season 3 or 4 written on it.  They're absolute shit.

Cyrano

49 this year September...

Then again, I suppose it's one of the reasons I go to Historicon because I get to be the kid in the room :D.

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

Meh 49 aint old. I'm going to be 41 this year!!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

40-41 have been rough with eye issues, cancer and cancer scares, and dead dogs. So...maybe. What do you offer in trade?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I won't make light of the things you mentioned.

I will say though that, for health reasons alone, the trade would not be fair.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Mid-life crisis time.

Though I've been going through that since 20. Life's short and you never know when it's gonna take a right turn into a tree. Probably why I still have the same sick sense of humor and outlook I've had since my younger years.

I'm 45, but my wife turns 50 next week. We're going to be on a cruise with some friends to celebrate, but I don't think she's much in the mood to celebrate this milestone. I don't think I would be, either, just because I sure as hell don't feel or act my age.

Barthheart

BAH! Embrace yer age. You only as old as you feel. I'll be 50 this Wednesday.  :)
I'm celebrating the fact I made it this far. 1/2 way point I figure. It's just a number. There will be much beer drinking this weekend with my friends of 30+ years.

My wife, on the other hand, was not so happy when her 50th came up last year... I had to plan an expensive weekend away just so she wouldn't take off and hide on me.  ;D

Gusington

I like Bart's outlook the best.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

no matter how old we may be we'll always be younger then Windy.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 23, 2015, 09:30:27 AM
no matter how old we may be we'll always be younger then Windy.

Cold comfort.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 23, 2015, 09:30:27 AM
no matter how old we may be we'll always be younger then Windy.

you're setting a pretty low bar to clear there...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

Quote from: Barthheart on March 23, 2015, 07:25:46 AM
BAH! Embrace yer age. You only as old as you feel. I'll be 50 this Wednesday.  :)
I'm celebrating the fact I made it this far. 1/2 way point I figure. It's just a number. There will be much beer drinking this weekend with my friends of 30+ years.

My wife, on the other hand, was not so happy when her 50th came up last year... I had to plan an expensive weekend away just so she wouldn't take off and hide on me.  ;D

Hope you have an excellent time!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 23, 2015, 10:04:24 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 23, 2015, 09:30:27 AM
no matter how old we may be we'll always be younger then Windy.

you're setting a pretty low bar to clear there...

have you met us?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.