OOTP 16 - Now Officially Licensed

Started by Nefaro, January 23, 2015, 12:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sandman2575

awesome -- can't wait.    :D

(Can't exactly recall, but this seems particularly early -- I thought 15 didn't come out until April last year, after MLB season had already begun...)

Anyway, spring and baseball and ootp can't arrive early enough for my liking.  Worst. Winter. Ever.

Grim.Reaper

For those that pre-ordered, game was released today....just finished downloading, hope to give it a go this weekend.  But I usually don't get too involved with it until after the first couple of patches come out:)

Grim.Reaper

This is why I wait awhile before getting serious with this game, patches routinely come out after release...patch #1 already destined for tomorrow, although technically that is the official release date.  I know my save games are likely compatible with the patches, I just always think in my mind it might produce different results for part of my career.  The game seems to be getting positive feedback so I do look forward to getting involved sometime in the near future once things settle down.

Patch #1 & Official Release Info

 
Alright guys,

this has been the best pre-release we have ever had. Considering the number of customers that got their hands on the game on Friday the number of reported problems were very small and most of them related to hardware incompatibility issues (i.e. not up-to-date vodeo card drivers).

Still, we have been hard at work over the weekend and have fixed all the reported bugs that we were able to reproduce with the info provided. So, tomorrow's official launch version will also be patch #1 for the preorder customers.

Here is the current changelist:
Version 16.1
- Fixed crash when creating a fictional historical league
- Fixed Yankees history in 2014 league history section (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- Updated rosters (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- Fixed a bug that caused pitchers warming up in the bullpen to tire during a rain delay
- Fixed problem with pitcher fatigue in rescheduled games
- Fixed a problem with generated fielding experience of young fictional players
- Fixed player popups not working in reports
- Fixed a crash when selecting All-Star voting in the off-season
- Fixed HOF card issues
- Fixed job offers from all teams for inexperienced coach
- Improved news articles
- Improved owner goal evaluation
- Improved qualifying offer logic
- Changed expansion team finances
- Adjusted HOF voting
- Fictional MLB games now import proper ballpark info & pictures when creating the game
- Added "Webcast View" to view menu when playing out a game, even when fullscreen field mode is enabled
- Added proper off-the-wall bounces in 3D mode
- Darkened default team background
- Darkened table headers in the dark skin
- Fixed several minor bugs

I expect the final version to be available sometime in the morning tomorrow, Monday the 23rd. Patching your game will be easy, simply download the full installer (there is no patcher available) and install it over your current installation. If you have installed mods which have overwritten original files (i.e. new name files), please back them up and restore after updating.

The Steam version will be available later in the day we hope.

Cheers,
Markus

PanzersEast

Read through the blog post and user forum, picked up the game, have been playing, no regrets.  Best Yet.


PE

sandman2575

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 23, 2015, 05:23:12 PM
  Best Yet.

Agree. 

OOTP is just unsurpassed. Definitely one of the handful of pc games I'd take with me to the proverbial desert island...

bbmike

Well, I've bought every edition for the last nine years and this release is bad luck for me. I've tried everything but the game keeps overwriting my custom logos/uniforms/caps. Posted in the bug thread but no response yet.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

Need one of you baseball lovers to join the grogheads fantasy league.  Use the link in my signature line t
For joining information.

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on March 24, 2015, 02:54:24 PM
Well, I've bought every edition for the last nine years and this release is bad luck for me. I've tried everything but the game keeps overwriting my custom logos/uniforms/caps. Posted in the bug thread but no response yet.  :(

Does this version use the same style of logo as the most popular user-made one in recent years?  That one with the reflective circular logo pin? 

I didn't like that logo mod much, and it was a real bitch to track down the one with the individually shaped logos.  They looked much better in the UI.  I suppose people didn't flock to that one just because it wasn't featured on the in-game logo mod downloader, which is very unfortunate.

If the current OOTP version's logo modding is buggy, it's all the more reason to wait until the mid-season sale.  Despite my home town team actually making it to the world series for the first time in ages last year.  ;)

PanzersEast

Started a new series of placing all players from the 1800's until now, initial draft and with rookies from the available players pool and they will be naturalized stats and at a young age when entering into the new player draft. Using the 2015 league format.

I am playing as the the GM only of the Cubs so the manager will set lineups etc...  My first pick in the initial draft was Hank Aaron, although there was another player I came close to drafting and did not take him.... a mistake that would come back to haunt me for the first two seasons (Back to Back Cy Young winner) and drafted by the Reds.

Anyway I managed for the past two seasons to make the play-offs by Wild-Card.  Both times I won the Wild Card play in game, however a rivalry has brewed between Chicago and you guessed it, the Cincinnati Reds.  And not just the Reds, but a rivalry with Lady Baldwin, the very pitcher I passed on during the initial draft.  Not only is it a personal rivalry, but he is hated in Chicago. 

This past season I came within 1 Game of winning the NL central, however Cincinnati one for the second year in a row.  Not only that, they also put us out of the playoffs two years and have gone on to win back to back World Series.  And this past season it was Lady who put us out and has gone 4-0 versus us in the playoffs.  He has also gone on to win a Cy Young award, series MVP etc....

Anyway, it is now season 3 and I have a good pitching staff anchored by Sandy Koufax and Dutch Ruether.  So now the fans are wondering, can we get over the Cincinnati hump in Season 3?



PE

sandman2575

Quote from: Nefaro on March 25, 2015, 04:14:10 PM
Quote from: bbmike on March 24, 2015, 02:54:24 PM
Well, I've bought every edition for the last nine years and this release is bad luck for me. I've tried everything but the game keeps overwriting my custom logos/uniforms/caps. Posted in the bug thread but no response yet.  :(

Does this version use the same style of logo as the most popular user-made one in recent years?  That one with the reflective circular logo pin? 

I didn't like that logo mod much, and it was a real bitch to track down the one with the individually shaped logos.  They looked much better in the UI.  I suppose people didn't flock to that one just because it wasn't featured on the in-game logo mod downloader, which is very unfortunate.

If the current OOTP version's logo modding is buggy, it's all the more reason to wait until the mid-season sale.  Despite my home town team actually making it to the world series for the first time in ages last year.  ;)

You a KC native, Nefaro?

Good news, 16 doesn't use the circular reflective logos. I agree, I didn't like the look of them myself. Overall, I really liked the look of 14 better than 15 in many ways.  But very much enjoying 16 so far.

Nefaro

#85
Quote from: sandman2575 on March 26, 2015, 11:49:14 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 25, 2015, 04:14:10 PM
Quote from: bbmike on March 24, 2015, 02:54:24 PM
Well, I've bought every edition for the last nine years and this release is bad luck for me. I've tried everything but the game keeps overwriting my custom logos/uniforms/caps. Posted in the bug thread but no response yet.  :(

Does this version use the same style of logo as the most popular user-made one in recent years?  That one with the reflective circular logo pin? 

I didn't like that logo mod much, and it was a real bitch to track down the one with the individually shaped logos.  They looked much better in the UI.  I suppose people didn't flock to that one just because it wasn't featured on the in-game logo mod downloader, which is very unfortunate.

If the current OOTP version's logo modding is buggy, it's all the more reason to wait until the mid-season sale.  Despite my home town team actually making it to the world series for the first time in ages last year.  ;)

You a KC native, Nefaro?

Good news, 16 doesn't use the circular reflective logos. I agree, I didn't like the look of them myself. Overall, I really liked the look of 14 better than 15 in many ways.  But very much enjoying 16 so far.

I grew up on a farm in the Ozarks, in the hill country SW of LongBlade's old haunts, but I've lived in KC most of my adult life.  Close enough I suppose.  The Royals was always the "home team" either way.

Good to hear they're not using the "hat pin" circular ones by default.  O0  I'll pick this up sometime, maybe even before the sale, but I've not been doing much digital gaming in over a week.  On pc gaming hiatus.  :)