Main Menu

Pike and Shot

Started by Rayfer, September 05, 2014, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Very impressive work, Jomni.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

#226
Working on new 3D models.  This is the HQ unit.  Immobile and high-value.  O0  Let's see how it looks like in the game (smaller and less detail textures).




Looks like the exporter doesn't work.  Scripts must be too old.   :-[

Nefaro

Good target for a decapitation.  >:D

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Blue army on the march.

jomni

Red Army in defensive position with Japansese style mantlets auto deployed in Skirmish mode. Don't worry too much about the buildings.   They will turn into real Japanese huts, shinto shrines,  and buddhist temples. The fields are to become rice paddies.



Nefaro

 O0

Really looks like you're going to achieve a full conversion.   8) 

Does setting up the canned battles require a lot of time or not?  I've not checked out the editor.  I'm also very curious if the random battles generator would still work well with them.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on April 02, 2015, 12:39:14 PM
Does setting up the canned battles require a lot of time or not?  I've not checked out the editor.  I'm also very curious if the random battles generator would still work well with them.

The UI of the editor is horrendous!  I have yet to really learn them.    Then there's scripting if I want to implement some special rules or make the AI a bit smarter.

Random battles are my focus for now.   O0

PipFromSlitherine

I'd be interested to know what about the editor UI you find problematic?  It can be a little intimidating at first (bear in mind it's the tool we use to build the game so...).

One thing to bear in mind is you can get one-click random maps built in the editor (using the same script as the skirmish system) and then tweak them or just lay down your forces etc.

Cheers

Pip

jomni

Quote from: PipFromSlitherine on April 02, 2015, 06:13:31 PM
I'd be interested to know what about the editor UI you find problematic?  It can be a little intimidating at first (bear in mind it's the tool we use to build the game so...).

One thing to bear in mind is you can get one-click random maps built in the editor (using the same script as the skirmish system) and then tweak them or just lay down your forces etc.

Cheers

Pip

Most functions are "hotkey driven".  Just have to sit down and learn them eventually.  Where can I get a refresher?

jomni

I changed the default defenses from mantlets to horse barriers (umabosaku).  I think they look better than a long array of mantlets.  The mantlets can still be used in custom battles.


Boggit

It's looking really nice. How far do you reckon the mod is from completion?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jomni

Quote from: Boggit on April 04, 2015, 01:25:12 PM
It's looking really nice. How far do you reckon the mod is from completion?

What I have to do before first public version:
1.  Finish new 3D terrain objects
2.  Edit the random map generaiton
3.  Complete the army lists for Red and Blue armies.

First public version is fully playable between Red and Blue samurai armies in skirmish mode.

Future versions will be more about painting the other clans and creating historical scenarios as all the building blocks are complete.

jomni

Pike and Shot Tercio to Salvo expansion released!
Base game updated to 1.04.

QuoteSkirmishes have been updated to offer additional customisation options, including allowing the type of territory to be selected - Agricultural, Hilly, Wooded or Mountainous
O0

jomni

We're clearly not in Europe anymore.

Rice paddies, oriental buildings, shinto shrines, buddhist temples, pagodas...