Consolidated Commands Ops 2 Gameplay thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 21, 2015, 05:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dinsdale

Quote from: -budd- on March 29, 2015, 02:40:28 PM
just played Hoffen last night. I got overly ambitious, I planned 3 attacks to go off at the same time on the near 3 objectives with one regiment per attack with 1 fire support group per attack. Hoffen north and south got repulsed, but managed to get into Monschau on the first attempt  and cleaned the objective area the next day. In Hoffen i pulled back and had them rest and switched the Hoffen north attack group to hit Hoffen south from the north and while the other regiment hit it from the south and after harrassing the units in Hoffen south with arty while my group rested and prepared to attack again.Manage to push them out of Hoffen proper and when the 751th arrived brought them up with haste up from the south to clear Hoffen south and then let them get some rest after securing Hoffen South. Once the assault guns arrived i put an attack group together and hit Hoffen north, my assault guns got destroyed by an AT gun but i managed to push them out of  Hoffen north proper, but ran out of time before i could clear the objective zone....result...DRAW.. wasn't too unhappy with this result i was always on the attack and i inflicted more casualties than i took.

Thats impressive. I have been repulsed every time I attack the north, central and south villages, my troops just don't have it in them.

The closest I got was moving 2 battalions around the south and going for the objective behind, then attacking Hoffen from 2 directions with the reinforcements. I still couldn't take the village!

Credit the game, the german Volksgrenadiers just don't have the firepower or staying power I see when playing the British, Americans or earlier Germans.

-budd-

I'd probably just hit Monschau and Hoffen south the next time. Secure those and when the reinforcements arrive hit North Hoffen from both directions after a severe arty fest and then send a small detachment to grab those VP's in the back. One thing you have as the Germans is plenty of arty, i use it liberally.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

CO2 updated, final build, unless bugs pop up. Panther is moving on to adding features namely sequential tasking and mounted ops.

post #382
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/sitrep.1107/page-20
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.