More lunacy from the team that brought you IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, April 01, 2015, 12:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on April 01, 2015, 05:38:07 PM
The SimHQ forums have simply exploded over this crap.

first place i headed after seeing this thread - theres some hate brewin'

Toonces

The funny thing is I don't even own BoS, but I read the SimHQ BoS forum every day because it's so damn entertaining!   :tickedoff:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 01, 2015, 04:28:28 PM
After CloD I was never going near BoS - and anything else that company did.
+1

Oh Yeah  CLod  :tickedoff:   ....but there  is a mod or something out that makes it usable, so i was told ;-)

JudgeDredd

Team Fusion mod I believe - it does look like a great mod and I have it installed ready to play because CLoD itself is stunning - but the content was diabolically bad and you could tell why they changed from BoB to CLoD
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 02, 2015, 02:59:31 AM
Team Fusion mod I believe - it does look like a great mod and I have it installed ready to play because CLoD itself is stunning - but the content was diabolically bad and you could tell why they changed from BoB to CLoD

  The CLoD thing.  Kind of a strange story.  The game as originally released was reportedly quite a mess.  I never played it until the Team Fusion mods started coming out and it is definitely the best all-around air sim at least visually.  So much so that I may stop even messing with Battle of Stalingrad and its progeny and go back to CLoD for a bit.  But you gotta do some modding.  But that's often the case.  So if I get tired of DCS in the next couple of weeks....maybe some CLoD work will ensue.

jomni


Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 02, 2015, 02:59:31 AM
Team Fusion mod I believe - it does look like a great mod and I have it installed ready to play because CLoD itself is stunning - but the content was diabolically bad and you could tell why they changed from BoB to CLoD

I think BoS is still better than CLoD, even with it's scant content and horribly under-randomized missions.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: MengJiao on April 02, 2015, 08:59:57 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 02, 2015, 02:59:31 AM
Team Fusion mod I believe - it does look like a great mod and I have it installed ready to play because CLoD itself is stunning - but the content was diabolically bad and you could tell why they changed from BoB to CLoD

  The CLoD thing.  Kind of a strange story.  The game as originally released was reportedly quite a mess.  I never played it until the Team Fusion mods started coming out and it is definitely the best all-around air sim at least visually.  So much so that I may stop even messing with Battle of Stalingrad and its progeny and go back to CLoD for a bit.  But you gotta do some modding.  But that's often the case.  So if I get tired of DCS in the next couple of weeks....maybe some CLoD work will ensue.

Can't agree with that at all.  AA has never worked properly with CLOD particularly for those with AMD cards.  For me, AA is an absolute necessity in a flight sim because it makes all the difference between seeing a random blob of pixellated dots or seeing an actual aircraft from which you can gauge type and heading and react accordingly.

CLoD might be OK for MP now but the single player is still hot garbage.  The AI doesn't react well.  Wingmen don't respond to commands.  You can't even change nationalities in quick missions so you end up with Bf-110s with Italian markings or other such nonsense.

Pete Dero

Who is up to do this ?

http://il2sturmovik.com/battle-of-moscow/

1C Game Studios announce a preorder program for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow, selling a premium edition of the upcoming combat flight simulator for $79.99. This carries a bunch of incentives, including 10 aircraft, some early unlocks, and access to the beta to help influence the game's development. Here's the deal:

    We invite you to become a participant in the development of BOM by purchasing a Pre-Order in the continuation of the legendary Sturmovik series. By doing this, you will be the first to get access to the product and the reproduction of the legendary air battle of World War II which took place from October 1941 to April 1942. Battle of Moscow will include a large-scale map (270 x 290 km) and several famous aircraft that have been recreated from detailed drawings and blueprints (I-16 Type 24, Bf-109 E-7, MiG-3, Bf-109 F-2, IL-2 model 1941, Bf-110 E-2, Pe-2 Series 35, Ju-88 A-4, P-40 E-1, MC.202 Series VIII). Battle of Moscow is fully compatible with "IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad" through a single user account.

MengJiao

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 02, 2015, 01:20:17 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 02, 2015, 08:59:57 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 02, 2015, 02:59:31 AM
Team Fusion mod I believe - it does look like a great mod and I have it installed ready to play because CLoD itself is stunning - but the content was diabolically bad and you could tell why they changed from BoB to CLoD

  The CLoD thing.  Kind of a strange story.  The game as originally released was reportedly quite a mess.  I never played it until the Team Fusion mods started coming out and it is definitely the best all-around air sim at least visually.  So much so that I may stop even messing with Battle of Stalingrad and its progeny and go back to CLoD for a bit.  But you gotta do some modding.  But that's often the case.  So if I get tired of DCS in the next couple of weeks....maybe some CLoD work will ensue.

Can't agree with that at all.  AA has never worked properly with CLOD particularly for those with AMD cards.  For me, AA is an absolute necessity in a flight sim because it makes all the difference between seeing a random blob of pixellated dots or seeing an actual aircraft from which you can gauge type and heading and react accordingly.

CLoD might be OK for MP now but the single player is still hot garbage.  The AI doesn't react well.  Wingmen don't respond to commands.  You can't even change nationalities in quick missions so you end up with Bf-110s with Italian markings or other such nonsense.

  You're talking about with the Fusion mods, too, right?  I dimly remember that this time about 2 years ago, visually it was a pleasant surprise and the editor works fine.  Still, I haven't reinstalled it so maybe my memory of the CLoD of 2013 is rose-tinted.

MikeGER

i tried to install the mod, while in that process (unpacking of  file Team+Fusion+4.0+Mod+Installer+Complete.rar) i got a virus warning and looked it up in the internet

i found this:
Quotemod 4.0 installer.exe

Mod Installer

The executable mod 4.0 installer.exe has been detected as malware by 14 anti-virus scanners. This file is typically installed with the program IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover by 1C Company
http://www.herdprotect.com/mod-4.0-installer.exe-538675ff5173b14e0ddcffb925d57c65f81916b0.aspx

is there a virus free version around, or is that just one of those  "heuristic-hit" of the scan engine.... i stay away from it  :tickedoff: 

Nefaro

Quote from: MikeGER on April 03, 2015, 11:28:11 AM
i tried to install the mod, while in that process (unpacking of  file Team+Fusion+4.0+Mod+Installer+Complete.rar) i got a virus warning and looked it up in the internet

i found this:
Quotemod 4.0 installer.exe

Mod Installer

The executable mod 4.0 installer.exe has been detected as malware by 14 anti-virus scanners. This file is typically installed with the program IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover by 1C Company
http://www.herdprotect.com/mod-4.0-installer.exe-538675ff5173b14e0ddcffb925d57c65f81916b0.aspx

is there a virus free version around, or is that just one of those  "heuristic-hit" of the scan engine.... i stay away from it  :tickedoff:


Another heuristic false positive.  Pretty commonplace nowadays.

From what I saw, the TF mod helped many things in Cliffs Of Dover but that sim was such an abortion in the first place that it will always have issues.  Looks very pretty although it goes nuts with AA on (which is a big no-no).  Just one little example of the many issues. 


RyanE

I played around with CLOD a little before and after the TF mod.  It was so bad that relative to release, TF mod seems a god-send.  But in absolute terms, CLOD with TF still has a lot of issues.  I struggled getting it to run on Win8.  I still find the AI pretty bad.  I still see a lot of graphical glitches.  I just need the graphics to be decent and not harm game play.  The original Il-2 all modded up does it for me.

I still think BOS/BOM still has a chance to be what we all hoped it would be.  But it require the devs to get their heads out of their asses.  So far, I seen only a very small move in that direction.

sandman2575

Quote from: RyanE on April 03, 2015, 12:50:50 PM
I still think BOS/BOM still has a chance to be what we all hoped it would be.  But it require the devs to get their heads out of their asses.  So far, I seen only a very small move in that direction.

But it would also require the devs to re-commit to something they clearly have no intention of producing at this point -- a robust single-player campaign.  I think it's fair to say that what most folks 'hoped BoS would be' in that respect is very different from what 777 actually delivered...