Nomination for Groghead of the Month!

Started by meadbelly, June 01, 2012, 12:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

meadbelly

I nominate Snigdha Nandipati for Groghead of the Month. Anyone who can spell "ambush or trap" as guetapens deserves a nod!

LongBlade

Quote from: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
I nominate Snigdha Nandipati for Groghead of the Month. Anyone who can spell "ambush or trap" as guetapens deserves a nod!

I know you're saying something but I don't quite get it.

It's either something really obvious that I should know, or it proves the point once again that "It's five o'clock somewhere."
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on June 01, 2012, 12:28:13 PM
Quote from: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
I nominate Snigdha Nandipati for Groghead of the Month. Anyone who can spell "ambush or trap" as guetapens deserves a nod!

I know you're saying something but I don't quite get it.

It's either something really obvious that I should know, or it proves the point once again that "It's five o'clock somewhere."

She is the national spelling bee champion.

Steelgrave

You should win automatically if you can spell her name......

meadbelly

Quote from: Bison on June 01, 2012, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on June 01, 2012, 12:28:13 PM
Quote from: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
I nominate Snigdha Nandipati for Groghead of the Month. Anyone who can spell "ambush or trap" as guetapens deserves a nod!

I know you're saying something but I don't quite get it.

It's either something really obvious that I should know, or it proves the point once again that "It's five o'clock somewhere."

She is the national spelling bee champion.



And she won by spelling a groggy word! Grognard -- derived-from-french-term to indicate professional soldiers and The Slog!

Snig's word -- guetapens -- derived from french-term meaning ambush or trap.

She's practically Groggy McGroggerson!

LongBlade

Quote from: meadbelly on June 01, 2012, 02:58:06 PM
And she won by spelling a groggy word! Grognard -- derived-from-french-term to indicate professional soldiers and The Slog!

Snig's word -- guetapens -- derived from french-term meaning ambush or trap.

She's practically Groggy McGroggerson!

Ah! Thank you. Agreed.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tpek

Quote from: Steelgrave on June 01, 2012, 01:29:25 PM
You should win automatically if you can spell her name......

I'm pretty sure that's how she actually won.
Everyone else failed to spell or even pronounce her name correctly :P

Keunert

i nominate the most discussed man on this forum to be the Groghead of the month!
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

besilarius

Longblade is far too humble and sincere to entertain such accolades.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Martok

Quote from: Keunert on June 01, 2012, 05:30:35 PM
i nominate the most discussed man on this forum to be the Groghead of the month!
In that case, Gus' genitals would be a strong contender. 


"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

Quote from: besilarius on June 01, 2012, 09:32:33 PM
Longblade is far too humble and sincere to entertain such accolades.

Never even crossed my mind. There are probably four or five contenders for "most discussed."

Most posts? Sure, that's probably me.

But most discussed? I doubt I'm in the Top 20.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Martok on June 02, 2012, 07:29:11 PM
Quote from: Keunert on June 01, 2012, 05:30:35 PM
i nominate the most discussed man on this forum to be the Groghead of the month!
In that case, Gus' genitals would be a strong contender.

If we combine all discussion of the boobs of his various past loves in to one super topic, that probably wins.

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo


Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo