Titanic: Honor and Glory; game in development

Started by Toonces, April 08, 2015, 12:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

I saw this over at SimHQ.  Rather than post up a bunch of stuff myself, I'm going to cut and paste from the developer's webpage:

Sail through history on board the ill-fated RMS Titanic, the largest moving object in the world in 1912, and a technological wonder of the time. As Titanic races through the icy waters of the North Atlantic, Robert Morgan battles the odds to clear his name of horrible crimes. When the brand new luxury liner strikes an iceberg, and threatens the lives of 2,200 souls, Morgan must race the rising waters and the clock as the ship sinks out from under him.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/titanic-honor-and-glory-phase-3#home





I'm a pretty big fan of Titanic lore (not that I know that much of it, but still...) so this looks absolutely fantastic to me.  I sure hope these guys succeed at this!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Steelgrave

#1
My son was event manager at a museum in Oklahoma City that hosted The Titanic tour a few years ago. He got to spend time rubbing elbows with a rather drunk James Cameron at the social event celebrating the opening  O0  My boy inherited my nerd genes and was pretty thrilled, but moreso to be drinking with the guy who had directed Alien and Terminator!

BanzaiCat

WOW.

Totally into the Titanic as well. I hope this ship is rendered accurately...would be cool just to wander the decks!

Gusington

^Wandering the decks should definitely be an option in this game. Cool idea.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

#4
Take a look at their page in Toonces' OP.

The page has been up for close to 2 months and they've only raised 14% of their goal. There's less than 2 weeks to go. I have a feeling they're not going to make it, which is a damn crying shame. If I were a millionaire I'd bankroll this sumbitch.

This is really interesting too:



Check it out about 3 minutes in. Looks like they labeled the frikkin' staterooms. Man, it's such a shame they're so far short of their goal...

Gusington

I know all about the shame of being short, believe me. Who's the fat guy in the oculus?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Bummer. And i thought it was a ship simulator.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on April 08, 2015, 07:47:08 PM
I know all about the shame of being short, believe me. Who's the fat guy in the oculus?

No idea. I found the vid on their Facebook page. It's interesting they're still posting to it even though it's woefully obvious they're not anywhere near their goal. :(


bbmike

I'd kick in if they would do that for the TOS USS Enterprise!  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

glen55

Quote from: Gusington on April 08, 2015, 07:47:08 PM
I know all about the shame of being short, believe me. Who's the fat guy in the oculus?

I love that picture.

Titanic:  The Oculus Nerdgasm
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

dinsdale

Some of the reasons for their lack of funding may be how they have defined the project and their stretch goals.

If you take a look, the $250k they are asking for doesn't finish the game, they want $2,000,0000 to do that. All the other stretch goals get the game to some unfinished point of develoment.

As for the game, at no point do they describe what the game is, outside of it being a detailed 3d model of the Titanic and having a plot. Is it RPG, Adventure, Nuclear Submarine Simulator?

Between that and this being on Indiegogo, I'm surprised they made $1, its got disaster written all over it - which given the subject matter is quite fitting.

Toonces

^ Yeah, I noticed that.  The 250k only takes the game to some unfinished state.  That's why I decided not to contribute.

Having said that, this would be an instant buy for me if it was completed and on Steam for $60.  It sounds fascinating.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Rayfer

Quote from: dinsdale on April 09, 2015, 02:07:17 PM
Some of the reasons for their lack of funding may be how they have defined the project and their stretch goals.

As for the game, at no point do they describe what the game is, outside of it being a detailed 3d model of the Titanic and having a plot. Is it RPG, Adventure, Nuclear Submarine Simulator?


My thoughts exactly dinsdale. What is the 'game' in this one? What is it you are being asked to contribute to?

BanzaiCat

The dev mentions something vague about being a character that is trying to clear their name of a crime. It's insinuated that the events of the Titanic will happen regardless of what you do, so you'll be adventuring through a sinking ship, too.

I saw the stretch goals on it, and it was pretty ambitious. They were looking to recreate a large swathe of Southampton, too, in addition to the ship, indicating the adventure might start well before the ship sails.