Brother against brother

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 27, 2015, 06:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

I'm very interested in this game. There is just so much gaming greatness out now that some titles can unfortunately fall through the cracks. Some of us picked up titles in the Matrix Easter sale...for me it was War in the West, a huge and very deep game. New titles will just have to wait awhile.


Anguille


ERutins

#63
"I cannot consent to place in the control of others one who cannot control himself." (R. E, Lee)

After years of development, Brother Against Brother will be available in 48 hours! In order to shorten the waiting time and introduce the main features of this new wargame from the Western Civilization Software team to you, we'll stream the game tomorrow, 15th of April at 20 CEST/2pm EDT.

Follow us on our official http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup Twitch Channel! <--- I'll be doing this one, btw, my first Twitch stream!  Wish me luck.

And it's not over!

We have more news to share with you! The map and booklet about the Battle of Williamsburg is available!

http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Art/BrotherAgainstBrother/BaB_Williamsburg_BattleMap.jpg

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/505/downloads/

And if you want to see how this battle can be fought in Brother Against Brother, you can read this detailed AAR http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3835927, in which Zakblood – one of the most loyal Beta Testers of the game - plays on both sides using historical guides to better show you how accurate and challenging this game can be!

Get more information about the game here: http://bit.ly/1AEkdLD

sandman2575

Quote from: Tuna on April 11, 2015, 12:48:19 PM
LOL.. well I loved FoF, but the fixed resolution was a bummer!

Agree.

Did some searching in Matrix forum but didn't come across an answer --

Is Brother Against Brother still locked in FoF's low resolution? Can't recall what that was offhand -- 1024x768 perhaps?  The screenshots sure look that way, and it's discouraging.

JudgeDredd

I hope it's not locked. However, the screen shots I've seen are so similar and rather pixelated (unit sprites) that I fear it is locked. Perhaps not to 1024x768 like FoF

As I said - I do hope not.

Erik - is this going on Steam? This isn't a deal breaker - unlike the fixed resolution - but just asking.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

smittyohio

Quote from: sandman2575 on April 14, 2015, 11:35:32 AM
Quote from: Tuna on April 11, 2015, 12:48:19 PM
LOL.. well I loved FoF, but the fixed resolution was a bummer!

Agree.

Did some searching in Matrix forum but didn't come across an answer --

Is Brother Against Brother still locked in FoF's low resolution? Can't recall what that was offhand -- 1024x768 perhaps?  The screenshots sure look that way, and it's discouraging.

I don't believe it is locked... look at the screenshots on this AAR:   http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3835927

I see screenshots at 1920x1080.   That said, it would be nice to get an official confirmation.

Tuna

Screen shots are nice and big in the aar!

Gil R.

#68
No, not locked.  Normal resolution!

I'm glad someone asked, because last night I made a horrific discovery:  in the Matrix forum I began a FAQ thread five years ago in which I said the game was likely to be in fixed resolution, and I didn't update that when the resolution issue was resolved.  Also, at the time I posted Windows 8 didn't exist, so I didn't list Windows 8 as one of the OS's that can handle the game.  So, if anyone has been left with the impression that the game won't run on Windows 8 or at normal resolution, that's not the case.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

-budd-

there is just too much gaming goodness coming out lately....need more time :o
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JudgeDredd

So is this going to be released on Steam?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Rayfer

Quote from: -budd- on April 14, 2015, 09:12:36 PM
there is just too much gaming goodness coming out lately....need more time :o

Agreed...but for me it's a need for more time and $$$$$$$$.  :-[

GJK

It appears from the AAR that turns are 20 min's in length.  With that, it also appears that orders can be created, distributed and implemented (without fail?) within that time period.  Is that accurate?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JudgeDredd

I actually won't be in on day one. Funds.

But in the words of a terminating governor - I'll be back  ;)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people