The Ship! Let's all get it!

Started by Toonces, January 12, 2015, 10:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

did you put your ip address in? I used single port forwarding, instead range. external port 27015, internal port 27015, both for protocol, then the last part of your ip address.


Do you see any servers?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

you can try this to join my server.
Start the ship, go to join a cruise,click on favorites, add server, put this in 24.19.66.141:27015       

or you can try the server list    grog ship server  PW=grogs
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Slick Wilhelm

Nope, no joy. I added your IP address to my "favorite" servers....and nothing. I also don't see your server in the Steam client.  :(

BanzaiCat

I did the same thing...added your IP to my Favorites, but it's not coming up.

As a matter of fact, I see no servers at all.

-budd-

try refreshing the list and scrolling it to find it. I have to refresh a few times sometime to see it. Anyone else get a server started? I'm going to make it public and see if others can join.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

I've hit Refresh about a thousand times and nothing is appearing.

I'll have to bail. My son is driving me batshit crazy because Steam isn't letting him log in on his laptop, so I have to go figure that nonsense out now.

-budd-

Well, the server seems fine when i look it up, no idea why you guys cant see it. Maybe someone more experienced in the server thing can put one up.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Philippe

Nothing when I tried it either.

Not even seeing a list, except when I go to Arcade, which I don't think is where I'm supposed to go.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

-budd-

you have to use the main steam window to get the server list, under view, server, filter by game the ship. The in game server browser doesn't work. I can join a public server just fine, hopefully someone else will get a viewable server up sometime so i can pan kill a grog.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Toonces

I'm on.  Using the Steam page as Budd says is key (On the main Steam page, not the game page, go to the very top and under "view" etc. as Budd says above).

Don't see any Grog servers on at 1743 Hawaii time.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Well Budd and I couldn't seem to get the private server thing sorted out, but we both joined on a public server for a bit and it was a pretty damn fun time I thought.  This game will shine with 5 or 10 of us all on at once. 

It seemed like there were several public servers without too many people on; maybe we should target one of those next Friday night...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Slick Wilhelm

I think my problem was that I was looking for budd's server on the game steam page, not the main steam page. Dangit.

Let's try to organize something for next Friday night for sure.

Bison

An option worth trying would to become friends on steam.   Once you do that it provides an option on both the server selection screen and your friends profile page to join a friend's game.  I'd think that would make your process a lot easier.

-budd-

yea it would be funner :) with known people, only thing about a public server is no choice of game modes or maps. Toonces is right there were plenty of empty server's. The friend thing might be better as Bison said. I Got my pot kill, right to the back of Toonces head...twice....of course he beat me to death with an umbrella a short time later ;D
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Philippe

Perhaps what we should do before next Friday is have a logging on rehearsal, because that seems to be the weak point.

And maybe when Friday rolls around, someone could post exactly what to do (and especially where to go) in big bold letters.

Some of us are only familiar with Steam to the extent that we play the games we own on it.  When it comes to Steam I only know what I absolutely think I need to know, and tend to ignore everything else.  I still don't know what badges are, or how to turn all those little things that drop into my account into game money. (They must be worth something, I've got far too many games).

Having electronic friends and collective social activities may be a bit of a mystery for the rest of us long-in-the-tooth dinosaurs.

I'm reminded of the excessively (but delightfully) detailed explanation of what to do that used to get posted for Dominion games.

There may also be things in people's Steam set-ups that limit the amount of group interaction.  I know that until now I've always refused to be 'friends' with anyone.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.