Main Menu

GTA V

Started by JudgeDredd, April 18, 2015, 02:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Serves him right for buying all the games <<stamps feet>>

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 19, 2015, 07:22:43 AM
When it happens in game it means you're accounts been hacked and someone's playing your game!

Next time you should hide all his loot and dress his avatar in a pink tutu.  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 19, 2015, 07:22:43 AM
When it happens in game it means you're accounts been hacked and someone's playing your game!
That had crossed my mind to be completely honest - but the time played and missions completed all made sense and matched my progress.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

#33
Well - I seem to have problems.

I couldn't remember my login details for Rockstar Social Club. I remember having that problem and so I wasn't going to buy GTA V until I sorted it.

I requested a reset of my password several times and nothing came through, so I created a new Rockstar Social Club account and I was able to play GTA IV with that account. So I was happy.

I then bought GTA V and was kind of surprised but not too bothered about it not asking me for the login details for Social Club. However, I did notice it said wmar1967 as the username which I thought was weird because whilst I thought that was my original account, it wasn't my new one I created.

So...to check (and having the different character show and different clothes etc), I reinstalled my Steam version of Max Payne 3. That requested my Rockstar Social Club login details. I put in my new account details and sure enough it said the game is registered under a different Steam Social Club account.

In short - I have no freakin' idea what's happened with my Rockstar account. What I do know is this...

  • I couldn't remember the login details of my original account, so requested reset emails which I did not get
  • I created a new account and was able to play my Steam version of GTA IV using that account
  • I then bought and installed my Steam version of GTA V game which didn't require login info for Social Club and seems to be using my original wmar1967 account
  • I installed my Steam version of Max Payne 3 which seems to accept my new Social Club account details, but tells me my Steam game is using a different account and so cannot continue
What a total f*ck up!

All because of some sh!te piece of crap software that I will NEVER use.

If anyone has ANY idea on how to resolve this complete bollox - feel free to chuck in your say. 'cos I do NOT know what to do here. Ideally I'd like to dump the new account and use my original one

To confuse the issue even further - Max Payne 3 is showing under my new profile on the Rockstar Social Club website - but I can't get on it in Steam!

And even more confusion....by some bizarre coincidence, I am able to login to my own account...even though I was not able to do so only a few days ago with the exact details I typed in right now!!

Old account...


New account
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Yskonyn

First tip: use a programma like Keypass to store account info.
In this day and age we have countless accounts for God knows what, but keeping track of those you don't use often is a pain.
Keypass (and its brothers) is a neat little program to safely store this info on your phone, desktop or tablet.

Secondly I would contact Rockstar support.
I have contacted them before on two occasions and always got a response by an employee within 72hrs.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Thanks.

I wouldn't use a program to store info. I have no idea who wrote them and what they will be doing with that info. I'm just a bit - untrustworthy like that.

However, I do keep passwords in a book in my house. I know the book...only me. I just never did it for things like that.

The plot thickens. So my original account was tied to my Hotmail account - I obviously used that one so I didn't get any crap through - however, the DoB says August 8th 1963 - which is totally wrong!

Time for some Rockstar support!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Seriously?  :knuppel2:

The ability to post questions and comments on Support Community Forums is available to players who have been registered with Social Club for at least one month. If you are a brand new Social Club member (less than one month), please feel free to browse.


1....2....3....4....5....
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tpek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 19, 2015, 04:48:22 AM
Something pretty weird happened yesterday with it...I quit the game and when I went back, I was coming out a building I hadn't seen before and I was dressed completely differently  :uglystupid2:

Don't worry about it.
It's actually a feature.
When you leave a character alone and then come back to them, they sometimes just seem to have ended some "social activity",
and often change their clothing.
This happens most often when you play one character, switch to another and do some missions with them, and then back to the original character.
It's normal and nothing to worry about.

Your save game is local, so no one is playing your game :)

JudgeDredd

^ You say that, and ok - I take it. However, last night I finished the mission where the black guy was helping the white guy out (sorry - can't remember their names) to get the yacht.

That game finished with me taking the black guy character back home, which is when I ran into the women in the house doing some hippy stuff...and my character walked out the house...it then went to a cut scene where he was interacting with other characters, but I didn't want to complete that, so I left the game (I had only gone to the house to save).

When I fired it up this morning I was the white guy, sitting in a car near his house. Absolutely no idea why or what has gone on.

I genuinely don't think anyone is playing my game - however I'm confused what the game is doing  ???
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Ok - as far as Rockstar Social Club is concerned, I'm sorted - in a sense.

I can use my original wmar1967 account for both Max Payne 3 and GTA V. I've reset the password so it's more secure.

As far as my new account and GTA IV, I'm not bothered - I wasn't going to play GTA IV again anyway - I just wanted to make sure I could get into Social Club because I remember there was a problem.

The only thing that's a bit out of whack and I'd like fixed it getting rid of the new account so I can use my new email account. But it's no big deal. I've got a copy of the info for future reference
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 19, 2015, 09:25:52 AM
me taking the black guy character back home

all your problems started here  ;D

Ian C

Anyone ever tried to 'clean up' Trevor? I thought buying him a suit would sort him out..






JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

republic

I get the BSOD or nvidia driver crash once every couple of hours.  First I thought it was heat related so I put up hwmonitor on my second monitor while I played and the last time it crashed everything was just fine temp wise.

The game is phenomenally fun.  Its as if all the 'oh man wouldn't it be cool if's I had from GTA3 were put into a game.

Swatter

Mind if I try to friend you in GTA Dredd?