Main Menu

GTA V

Started by JudgeDredd, April 18, 2015, 02:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Nope - go ahead. I have no idea what I'm doing for friend links etc - so it might be a while before I reply or accept  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Ian C

Just out of interest -anyone else getting this on STEAM for GTA5 ?

Asking to be activated on Rockstar when it's already registered and activated on Rockstar? This has been working since release and now bam, nothing. There wasn't even an update.




JudgeDredd

I've had all sorts of issues over the last few days with Social Club, but not that I'm afraid.

I bought my game on Steam also. I do think your Social Club has to be linked to your Steam account - maybe that's the issue?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

However - new issue.

Every single time I start this game up now, I'm automatically taken to the New Character screen for online mode. I didn't select online mode and when I first got and installed the game, it went to a screen that allowed me to choose online or story mode (and I choose story) but it's getting pretty tiring having to wait for the online character creation part to show up and finish it's cut scene before I can actually escape and get into story mode.

Anyone suffering from that?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Ian C

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 20, 2015, 11:38:29 AM
I do think your Social Club has to be linked to your Steam account - maybe that's the issue?

But it is linked. I can see it on my Social Club page. I played it this morning. Came back to it later this afternoon and now it's asking for this. WTF are they playing at.

JudgeDredd

I don't know buddy. I've noticed some screwy stuff myself. I'm not saying they're bugs....just weird. I wasn't expecting to exit the game as a character in story mode only to be loaded as a different character in a different story :idiot2:

Now I've got this online crap showing up each time. It might go away if I actually create an online character - but I don't want to...yet.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Ian C

Contacted Rockstar suport.
Let me get this straight - the Rockstar Activation code of the steam version is the actual steam key -right?

JudgeDredd

I honestly honestly do not know.

I'm pretty confused with it myself. It's probably simple and I'm over thinking it.

All I know is my GTA V automatically registered with my OLD Rockstar Social Club account...something I didn't think it would do because my Max Payne 3 game would not link to the old account until I put the details in - which I couldn't remember.

Then it turned out I did remember (though the details I entered were, I'm certain, the same details I tried the night before).

It's been pretty screwy with me and it started with me not remembering my login details. After that, there were twists and turns all over the place. But GTA V did register with Rockstar Social Club (my old account) all by itself.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Ian C

Well, I'm computer-savvy and I know I've changed nothing on my system over the 3 hours between game sessions so I'm assuming Rockstar might have been pissing about with something at their end, possibly to fix other reported issues.

JudgeDredd

I found a setting in the game that said Load Online on startup. I guess I may well have changed that.

But once again I've loaded up as a different character even though I exited in Story Mode as a different character and a different part of the story. I wish it would stop doing that. It's very disconcerting. I don't know if I'm missing parts of the story with this method...I'm certainly not being able to continue where I left off which breaks the impetus you build up when going through story mode. I don't like the mechanic at all...not one bit.

Some initial impressions
    The Good
    • Huge open world
    • Lots to drive around and do
    • Superb music list
    • Great characters
    • Great story lines
    • Superb graphics

      The bad
      • Very confusing save/load procedure
      • Driving mechanics (mainly due to camera swing)
      • Cut scenes take a loooooong time in most cases

      Overall - I'm impressed. It's much like Far Cry 3 and 4 in the sense there's a big open world there with quite a bit to do. I went to the cinema earlier!  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

glen55

#55
Wow, IGN gave this game a 10 and calls it a "Masterpiece."  Never seen either of those before.  Best Game Evar?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/14/gta-5-pc-review

QuoteGrand Theft Auto 5 is not only a preposterously enjoyable video game, but also an intelligent and sharp-tongued satire of contemporary America. It represents a refinement of everything that GTA 4 brought to the table five years ago. It's technically more accomplished in every conceivable way, but it's also tremendously ambitious in its own right. No other world in video games comes close to this in size or scope, and there is sharp intelligence behind its sense of humour and gift for mayhem. It tells a compelling, unpredictable, and provocative story without ever letting it get in the way of your own self-directed adventures through San Andreas.

It is one of the very best video games ever made.

I was in wait-for-reviews mode based on past experience with the series, but obviously that wait is over.  Fired it up last night, only an hour or so and it was a fairly impressive beginning.  Not sure I'm crazy about handling the car with the WSAD, but I haven't even tried adjusting keyboard sensitivity.  I presume that is something I can do; otherwise, it's overly-twitchy and I had a little trouble moving in a straight line.  Been playing a buttload of Euro Truck Simulator 2 recently, with similar controls, so I should be decent at it.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ian C

I wonder if they'll use some of that $1 Billion+ dollars they made to improve their support service.
I already bought the game on STEAM. I don't care for having to sign into 'Social Club' to play the damn thing. Layer upon layer of copy protection is not a good experience, and especially when, like my issue, the Social Club sign in fails and you are left in the cold. Sorry about the rant, but really, not happy. I'm sick up the neck with sodding tech/software issues.
'Your game is not registered'. Yes it sodding is. 'Please register again'. OK, I'll repeat events like Groundhog Day. 'Sorry, Error in activating'. Go to hell.

Pete Dero

There are 'game fixes' available but i don't know if they are legal (guess they are mostly used by pirates) so i won't post them here.
You bought the game and you can't play it as you like, so i think this should be allowed to bypass the extra DRM layer.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Ian C on April 20, 2015, 03:44:00 PM
I wonder if they'll use some of that $1 Billion+ dollars they made to improve their support service.
I already bought the game on STEAM. I don't care for having to sign into 'Social Club' to play the damn thing. Layer upon layer of copy protection is not a good experience, and especially when, like my issue, the Social Club sign in fails and you are left in the cold. Sorry about the rant, but really, not happy. I'm sick up the neck with sodding tech/software issues.
'Your game is not registered'. Yes it sodding is. 'Please register again'. OK, I'll repeat events like Groundhog Day. 'Sorry, Error in activating'. Go to hell.
I feel for you man. Particularly when the extra level of DRM seems pointless.

I know a guy at work who is using the game with none of the Social Club bollox. Go figure. He pays nothing and gets a trouble free gaming experience. You pay and you're f*cked.

DRM can do one  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Ian C

#59
Thanks for the replies. Well, my anti virus is flagging it as a virus now. Scanned with two differnt AV's, and its clean, however one quarantines it the moment it's clicked. I think I've had enough for tonight.

UPDATE: re-verified steam files and its not a virus. Scans clean now.