Main Menu

Steam invites...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 18, 2015, 09:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steve58

All the unsolicited invites (got one myself last week) probably explains the new $5 Rule that requires Steam users to spend at least $5 to access certain Steam features....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Staggerwing

The chance that anyone who posts here regularly has not spent at least $5 at the Steam Store by now is pretty remote.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2015, 05:59:50 PM
The chance that anyone who posts here regularly has not spent at least $5 at the Steam Store by now is pretty remote.

Yes, but Steam will now profit from the more determined Invite Spammers/Phishers who are probably Chinese Farmer-Hackers trying to spam you with links for in-game goods and accounts for money.

;D

GDS_Starfury

no worries.  I could spend an hour updating my friends list from the GH group but Im lazy like that.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


panzerde

Quote from: Martok on April 20, 2015, 03:33:18 PM
Got an invite from panzerde a few days ago, which was surprising given I'd thought we were already friends on Steam.  It made me wonder who else I'd overlooked; I think with so many folks here being part of the Steam GH group, I got lazy. 



Right before this thread started I looked at my friends list and came to the same conclusion: I'd been lazy. So I sent invites to a bunch of people I'd neglected to add before, but being still lazy I haven't managed to get everyone yet!


Then this thread popped up and I thought "oh man! Maybe I'm spamming people!"
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

I've just gotten an invite from someone named 'Anisia'. Is that one of you guys? The profile is private and their Steam level is zero.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MikeGER

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 21, 2015, 06:34:23 AM
I've just gotten an invite from someone named 'Anisia'. Is that one of you guys? The profile is private and their Steam level is zero.
watch out  ;)

- urban dictioary:
Anisia
Very smart and beautiful woman but also a maneater. Anisias often manipulate men into doing exactly what they want and move on to the next target quickly. They are often very successful and intriguing.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

She might be hot. You should totally accept that invite.  ^-^

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MikeGER on April 21, 2015, 06:43:43 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 21, 2015, 06:34:23 AM
I've just gotten an invite from someone named 'Anisia'. Is that one of you guys? The profile is private and their Steam level is zero.
watch out  ;)

- urban dictioary:
Anisia
Very smart and beautiful woman but also a maneater. Anisias often manipulate men into doing exactly what they want and move on to the next target quickly. They are often very successful and intriguing.


Whoa-oh here she comes...watch out boy, she'll chew you uuuuup

Boggit

I've had a couple of invites from people I don't know. I just didn't respond. Otherwise my friends are all people I know on Grogheads etc. Funnily, I sent an invite to one guy I get on well with on Grogheads (and Armchair General) that didn't get accepted. I guess he thought it just more spam!  ::) Anybody know Jadwiga?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Staggerwing

Quote from: MikeGER on April 21, 2015, 06:43:43 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 21, 2015, 06:34:23 AM
I've just gotten an invite from someone named 'Anisia'. Is that one of you guys? The profile is private and their Steam level is zero.
watch out  ;)

- urban dictioary:
Anisia
Very smart and beautiful woman but also a maneater. Anisias often manipulate men into doing exactly what they want and move on to the next target quickly. They are often very successful and intriguing.

Anisia is also the catch-all designation for a bunch of different fruitfly species...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 21, 2015, 06:15:44 PM
Quote from: MikeGER on April 21, 2015, 06:43:43 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 21, 2015, 06:34:23 AM
I've just gotten an invite from someone named 'Anisia'. Is that one of you guys? The profile is private and their Steam level is zero.
watch out  ;)

- urban dictioary:
Anisia
Very smart and beautiful woman but also a maneater. Anisias often manipulate men into doing exactly what they want and move on to the next target quickly. They are often very successful and intriguing.

Anisia is also the catch-all designation for a bunch of different fruitfly species...


Either way, it's not looking good.  ;D

panzerde

The fruit flies seem like the safer outcome.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres