It's Friday my Groggy Gamers

Started by JudgeDredd, April 24, 2015, 12:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

How Soon is Now is one of the greatest songs of the era, by far.

Maybe I will fire up AoWIII with the Depeche Mode Personal Jesus mod.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

Quote from: W8taminute on April 24, 2015, 12:34:30 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 24, 2015, 09:12:40 AM
Watch some youtube vids of people playing games badly and you'll be right back in the zone.

QFT and +1.  This is how I psyche myself up whenever I'm in a gaming rut.


Cool tuneage KyzBP.   O0

Here's my contribution:




Gaming wise:  I'm just about to come out of my second attempt at the harsh first Russian winter of War in the East and I'm happy to say my lines held up well.  Had to give up a lot of ground but my men are still alive.  Now to bring in my Panzers that have been refitting in Poland to deal a death blow to mighty Joe!  (Stalin that is)

Then I'll play some Sovereignty Crown of Kings

Very cool W8!  But if you going with Morrissey on a bike...


I may finally pull the trigger on War In The East this weekend.

mikeck

Quote from: Toonces on April 24, 2015, 03:23:58 AM
I also shall be gaming the American Civil War.  Having just finished Catton's Mr. Lincoln's Army Volume 1 that climaxes with the Battle of Antietam, I will therefore be playing Scourge of War: Antietam in their honor and trying to do better than the pathetic disaster that was McClellan.  God I hate that man.


Cmon Toonces! Don't be so hard on Little Mac. He built that on the of the Potomac from scratch and in terms of logistics I don't think there was a better journal in the war or more talented one when it came from moving in on me from point a to point B and getting it into fighting condition quickly

He would've been the best Stafordshire of the war. Unfortunately once he got on the battleground he was more afraid of losing then he was interested in winning and could never put the pedal down when It counted. It's a shame he goes down as such a bad general when in reality he just had one fault he was afraid to commit troops when he needed to. Outside of that it was actually a pretty great general just a tad too big of an ego for that I guess

It is interesting though to fight Antietam on scourge  of war saying to yourself Mac...look just commit your reserve man!  just commit the two corps you have in reserve and get on with it!"

Kids today need to look back at how many of the songs they like which are actually 80s redux
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

W8taminute

^^Yeah!  I forgot about that one.  Good pick KyzBP. 

If you have any questions or doubts before you pull that trigger on WitE let me know.  I'd be happy to answer any questions and there are quite a few other grogs here who could help as well.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

KyzBP

Quote from: W8taminute on April 24, 2015, 03:03:27 PM
^^Yeah!  I forgot about that one.  Good pick KyzBP. 

If you have any questions or doubts before you pull that trigger on WitE let me know.  I'd be happy to answer any questions and there are quite a few other grogs here who could help as well.

My hesitation has been that I've only made it as far as 1/44 in WitP.  Games of a scale of WiTP and WiTE require so much of an investment in time that I seem to balk at the last second when it comes to purchasing them.  However, I have almost NO will power so I'm sure I'll own it before the weekend is over.  :tickedoff:

Jarhead0331



I really wish the Talking Heads could put their differences aside and go on tour. Seeing them live is on my bucket list of things to do before I die.

GTAV, GalCiv III, ARMA 3, something total war.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


KyzBP

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2015, 04:14:05 PM


I really wish the Talking Heads could put their differences aside and go on tour. Seeing them live is on my bucket list of things to do before I die.

GTAV, GalCiv III, ARMA 3, something total war.

Yes, yes, and more yes!  Psycho Killer live would be a bucket list event.

mikeck

I have been addicted to ARMA 3 now for a few weeks. Halfway through the campaign and I'm just having fun with it. Never really liked first person shooters but I really enjoy the realism. Still on the fence about brother against brother so in the meantime I think I may file up scourge of war.

You go back and finish up my campaign for Graviteam  tactics operation star
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Martok on April 24, 2015, 05:07:37 AM
I love Scrubs -- easily one of my favorite TV shows of all time.  I watched it religiously from the third season on (which is when I discovered it).  And that's definitely one of the show's more memorable scenes; you have excellent taste, JD.  O0 

+1

Airborne Rifles

No gaming for me this weekend. Travelling home. I'll be trying to catch up on some CMANO this week.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

After seeing what some of you consider great music, I now know why you are gamers...
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

-budd-

Quote from: MetalDog on April 24, 2015, 06:53:50 PM
After seeing what some of you consider great music, I now know why you are gamers...
O0

Know idea what i'll play, the funk is in full effect. Probably some Sovereignty, maybe some AOW3, no idea...maybe i'll drink and listen to music and watch other people play.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.