It's Friday my Groggy Gamers

Started by JudgeDredd, April 24, 2015, 12:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on April 24, 2015, 06:53:50 PM
After seeing what some of you consider great music, I now know why you are gamers...

Whatever hippie!

panzerde

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 24, 2015, 04:45:09 AM
It was imo the best decade for music - even the bad had some good vibe.

If you loved the '80s and like reading SF, grab Ready Player One if you haven't read it already.

Probably trading PBEM scenarios with Cyrano and playing more Brother Against Brother. Might try and continue my Pillars of Eternity game, too.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on April 24, 2015, 07:52:20 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 24, 2015, 06:53:50 PM
After seeing what some of you consider great music, I now know why you are gamers...

Whatever hippie!

I got your hippie right here!


And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on April 24, 2015, 07:52:20 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 24, 2015, 06:53:50 PM
After seeing what some of you consider great music, I now know why you are gamers...

Whatever hippie!

Ok.  You're right.  I'm a hippie.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Shirley - we can all agree that this is awesome. And from the 80s.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Yes.  It IS awesome.  And stop calling me Shirley.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

^See Shirley? Even the hippie likes it. Hard not to. That guy cuts that shiznit up with his guitar. Classic.

That song and video changed my feeble 15 year old mind forever.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Fashion sense aside, they just don't make them like this anymore.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on April 24, 2015, 08:05:49 PM
Quote from: Bison on April 24, 2015, 07:52:20 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 24, 2015, 06:53:50 PM
After seeing what some of you consider great music, I now know why you are gamers...

Whatever hippie!

Ok.  You're right.  I'm a hippie.






There's a groovy funked-out version of that song from the Bloomfield, Kooper, & Stills Supersessions:


Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Al

Quote from: Gusington on April 24, 2015, 08:14:28 PM
Fashion sense aside, they just don't make them like this anymore.



+1

..and playing some East Prussia 1914 PBEM this weekend.
Al

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 24, 2015, 08:54:32 PM


There's a groovy funked-out version of that song from the Bloomfield, Kooper, & Stills Supersessions:




I like CSN(&Y) and early Blood, Sweat and Tears.  Not really familiar with Mike Bloomfield outside of the respect musicians of the time had for him.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison


MetalDog

YES!  Can't wait for OOTP '16 to go on sale! Really liked the '15 demo.  I can see myself losing hours to that game!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob