Humble bundle Might & Magic

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, April 30, 2015, 05:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mr. Bigglesworth

For $15 you get homm 3 HD, the same price it is on steam, plus a giant butt load of other might & magic games. You can send most of the money to charity.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

It works! I am playing HOMM 3 HD now, it looks good. Some of the other games I already have on CD somewhere, it is nice to have a download version.

https://www.humblebundle.com/
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Cyrano

Had I not played it as much as I have, M&M:X with the expansion would be worth the price of admission.  I loved it far more than it ever deserved, but it reminded me of happy days playing the original "The Bard's Tale".

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Rayfer

Quote from: Cyrano on May 01, 2015, 09:39:30 AM
Had I not played it as much as I have, M&M:X with the expansion would be worth the price of admission.  I loved it far more than it ever deserved, but it reminded me of happy days playing the original "The Bard's Tale".

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

I enjoyed MMX though I never finished it completely. It wasn't great but it was far better than some of the scathing reviews I had read.

Greybriar

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on April 30, 2015, 11:39:55 PM
It works! I am playing HOMM 3 HD now, it looks good. Some of the other games I already have on CD somewhere, it is nice to have a download version.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

As I mentioned in The Groginati Sales Thread, HoMM3 is the HD version that does not include its expansions Armageddon's Blade or The Shadow of Death; so no random map generator in addition to missing many missions, epic campaigns, single scenario maps, and several Shadow of Death campaigns.

It's still a terrific compilation and I would buy the bundle if I didn't already own almost everything in it several times over.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.