Follow me down to the FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, May 01, 2015, 05:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




It's not a game, but, the weekend will consist of AVENGERS 2 AGE OF ULTRON until otherwise notified!  Then, and only then, will there be some games.  Most likely a combination of Age of Wonders III, Sovereignty and/or Civ IV mp.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Ian C

#1
As last weekend, GTA 5 and Sovereignty Crown of Kings.

bbmike

Civ4 Colonization and GalCivIII at minimum. Also, get my Dell Studio Slim 540 ready to be replaced by my new Alienware Alpha due to arrive next week!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Couple of PBEM games to get turns out for.... and write up one for an AAR.

Maybe some CiV as that bug has bitten me once again... 1600+ hours...   :crazy2:

Write up a review.

Finally get my backyard, deck, and pool ready for summer.... before it's over next week.  :P


BanzaiCat

Played a lot of Order of Battle: Pacific last night. Will probably do more this weekend.

Started up The Witcher this week (finally got it to work). Might do more of that this weekend too. Never played it past the first few stages in the castle at the beginning.

Need to complete edits on the next GrogCast.

Expecting to play some Quartermaster General (for review purposes) and do some more of my AAR on Ottoman Sunset. Also would like to get the B-29 Hell Over Korea AAR/review started, too.

I'm hoping to get some review product from VPG and DVG also, so I'm pretty much in boardgaming Nirvana at the moment. Boardgaming withdrawal is not a pretty thing.

JudgeDredd

Long weekend in the UK.

I might go and see Age of Ultron for the 3rd time. I liked it that much.

Gaming, I plan to bring out B-17 Queen of the Skies and set it up on a board.

The very excellent Assetto Corsa, F1 2014, GTA V or Far Cry 4 and (if I remember) some Steel Beasts Pro tutorials (just for Asid!  :) )
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 01, 2015, 07:43:01 AM
Played a lot of Order of Battle: Pacific last night. Will probably do more this weekend.

Started up The Witcher this week (finally got it to work). Might do more of that this weekend too. Never played it past the first few stages in the castle at the beginning.

Need to complete edits on the next GrogCast.

Expecting to play some Quartermaster General (for review purposes) and do some more of my AAR on Ottoman Sunset. Also would like to get the B-29 Hell Over Korea AAR/review started, too.

I'm hoping to get some review product from VPG and DVG also, so I'm pretty much in boardgaming Nirvana at the moment. Boardgaming withdrawal is not a pretty thing.
How do you go about getting "review" products?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

Continue the Operation Bagration campaign in Battle Academy 2, and then maybe some Sniper Elite v2. Then on Tuesday the Wolfenstein expansion is released! Some good Nazi killin' queued up.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

#8
I don't know the band MetalDog but the opening/underlying chords reminded me of Motorhead if you sped them up a touch.  The video was very easy to watch. :)

After listening to Grogcast 6 w/Airborne Rifles twice this week I'm going to try to get in some Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.  I'd love to give Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations a try but the price point is a little high for me right now.  The podcast even motivated me to break out Red Storm Rising and start reading that for the hundredth time.

I also fired up the original X-Com and have started a game on Superhuman w/house rules.  Nothing will replace the feeling of an alien grenade landing on the ramp of your Skyranger as your very green squadies are disembarking.  Seven of 14 of the team members were killed but the remaining 7 STILL managed to clear a terror site.  Not bad for they're 3rd mission.

Nefaro

I may finally get around to playing some Age Of Wonder 3: Eternal Lords.

I'm sure Shadowrun Boston Chronicles servers will be overloaded this weekend, so it will have to wait if the lag is too annoying.   I've also not tried Sovereignty early access yet, despite having purchased it the day it came out.  Not been feeling very digital gamey still. 

Gonna pull out a solitaire tabletop game if nothing else takes.  Got plenty calling to me right now, plus the hordes of counters to punch & clip in Great Battles of Alexander Expanded Deluxe edition.  Even the name takes awhile to get out.

MengJiao

Quote from: Barthheart on May 01, 2015, 07:24:12 AM
Couple of PBEM games to get turns out for.... and write up one for an AAR.


Supposedly I have a PBEM game.  My opponent seems to be on an extended vacation.  Probably in Florida or Cuba or something.

Meanwhile back at the Farm:  Mordor!  and Panzerblitz 2 Hill of Death!  It's a pretty bloody mess out there in gaming land.  I'm loving
Shadow of Mordor and in PZ2 a sneaky German recon halftrack just REALLY DISRUPTED (DD -- that's double Big D) a platoon of Bren gun carriers at about 700 meters from a concealed hill-top entrenchment.  Those Germans.  They are like Elite Elven Wundertruppen!
And in Mordor -- I guess I'm pruning into a Wraith.  And no wonder -- all work and no play makes Talion a wraith.  But the whacky combat makes it all worthwhile.

Cyrano

Gallipoli with Boggit PBEM -- Game #1 definitely going to the ANZAC

Sicily with Panzerde and Barth

CM:BS with Panzerde -- things are now getting very 'splodey

Leipzig with Panzerde if somebody who is not named me sends a turn...although I gather my guy is down with the evil...

Given the Up Front! kerfluffle, finally going to have a go at Frontline: D-Day and see if it fills that niche.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

undercovergeek

I shall be blowing up jomni and JD in CMBS pbems and con if he's lucky - I think he might still be away though

I have the cmano bug but just haven't had the time to play it - I'm watching a naval lets play and then I think I'll start the en garde game with France attacking England

When not doing that maybe some aow 3 and airland battle

Rayfer

Made it into chapter 3 in Pillars of Eternity. I believe it is the last. I'll keep at it over the weekend.

Sir Slash

I'm looking forward weekend of leisure and tranquility watching the Opinion-ators rip each other over the new Order of Battle: Pacific. Along with a dip in the pool to wash the blood off when needed. ;D And see where I left the German Confederation in Rome 2. Oh, and spend some time with the wife. I think she still lives here. :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.