Follow me down to the FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, May 01, 2015, 05:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Airborne Rifles

I'm playing a great scenario in SPMBT right now made custom for me by wulfir over at the Shrapnel Games SPMBT forums. It's putting my old battalion (1/325 Airborne Infantry Regiment) as a blocking force to stop the Russian attempt to break out of the Krefeld Salient in 1985 from Ian Hackett's The Third World War. It's the start of a custom campaign for me from wulfir. Lots of fun, and maybe an AAR in the future.

Speaking of AARs, I'll also be trying to finish up my H-Hour scenario and AAR in CMANO so I can move on to Northern Fury scenarios # 2.

Windigo

Well anyone who knows me will know this is yet again a no-surprise weekend.

XCOM- Enemy Within: LongWar Mod - I have mecs, gauss, psi... life is good.... ramping up the air war now

WoT - my brother and I will platoon a bit. This game is losing some shine.


FWIW I am looking for another turnbased game... maybe
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Rizik6

Order of Battles: Pacific and Shadowrun Chronicles.

bob48



Lots of SoW, plus AoW III, and more of the Galicia scenario from 'Der Weltkrieg'.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Boggit

Busy weekend for me - this is planned. My wife :smitten: may have a view on it! C:-)

First World War Anzac Campaign with Cyrano, playing Anzac's
Commander Great War with me playing Entente vs Sauron's 'Beastly Hun' ;)
Field of Glory MP - Early Hoplite Greek (Boggit) vs Illyrians  (Ian Carbutt - Ian C?)
                           Early HYW English (Boggit) vs Medieval French (Sauron)
                           Later Macedonian (Boggit) vs Bosporan (Mid) (Gian Franco Cimino)
CM - finishing off a CMFI SP game, probably do another CM game...
Prepping a WinSPWW2 East Front game with Sauron. Boggit fighting for Mother Russia, while Sauron plugs for the 3rd Reich.
Competing plagues with Plague Evolved Inc, with my daughter as we each try to wipe out the human race before a cure is found. She will probably win on points, as she plays more of it than I do. I want to play the Planet of the Apes "Simian Flu" scenario if I get the chance.
Sovereignty - Crown of Kings - SP - on-going for article (and fun), and Order of Battle:Pacific - if I get time... ::)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on May 01, 2015, 09:25:52 AM

Leipzig with Panzerde if somebody who is not named me sends a turn...although I gather my guy is down with the evil...


If I can get to the point where I'm neither doing a reasonable imitation of a TB victim nor completely high on the 'tussin, you'll have a turn coming. I started last night but ended up distracted by Trailer Park Boys on Netflix.

Worst cold I've had in YEARS.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Huw the Poo

Sorry to hear it panzerde. :(  Get better soon!

Bison


bob48

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 01, 2015, 05:04:01 PM
Sorry to hear it panzerde. :(  Get better soon!

+10. Have a nice single malt to kill the bugs.

...No, its OK, I'll take one for you........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Quote from: Bison on May 01, 2015, 05:07:43 PM



No hexes and the victory objectives are not clearly marked. "Not a Wargame".


Quote from: bob48 on May 01, 2015, 05:39:36 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 01, 2015, 05:04:01 PM
Sorry to hear it panzerde. :(  Get better soon!

+10. Have a nice single malt to kill the bugs.

...No, its OK, I'll take one for you........

Feel better soon Huw. Or at least take Bob's advice and feel no pain...  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: bob48 on May 01, 2015, 05:39:36 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 01, 2015, 05:04:01 PM
Sorry to hear it panzerde. :(  Get better soon!

+10. Have a nice single malt to kill the bugs.

...No, its OK, I'll take one for you........

+1

I'll medicate for you as well.

spelk

Quote from: bob48 on May 01, 2015, 05:39:36 PM
+10. Have a nice single malt to kill the bugs.

...No, its OK, I'll take one for you........

I hope you're taking choice of beverage tips from Ralfy!

spelk

Oh I should be playing, Brother Against Brother (now the new patch is out), possibly Order of Battle: Pacific, and Shadowrun Chronicles (or Shadowrun Dragonfall - dependant upon lag on servers). Plus a bit of DC Universe Online if time permits.

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on May 01, 2015, 04:36:50 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on May 01, 2015, 09:25:52 AM

Leipzig with Panzerde if somebody who is not named me sends a turn...although I gather my guy is down with the evil...


If I can get to the point where I'm neither doing a reasonable imitation of a TB victim nor completely high on the 'tussin, you'll have a turn coming. I started last night but ended up distracted by Trailer Park Boys on Netflix.

Worst cold I've had in YEARS.


Must be going around. 

I'm only getting over the last bit of one I've had almost two weeks.  Damn ridiculous.  Probably should've got some antibiotics but I hate going to the Doc's office, being a stubborn SOB.

Hopefully your TB doesn't last that long.

Staggerwing

Just remember- most colds are caused by viruses. Antibiotics don't do shit against them while making incidental bacteria more resistant due to constant exposure to the same antibiotics. Antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria owe their existence to the needless distribution of antibiotics to diseases they were never meant to cure.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys