Main Menu

Apollo 4x Greenlight

Started by fabius, March 06, 2015, 04:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fabius

Looks like Apollo 4X could be a very different take on 4X.

Galactic cooperation trading, and card driven combat for starters.

But also looks like needs some green light love: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312329378

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBjRoXxaK8

tgb

I bought into this as soon as it appeared at GamersGate.  Neither the game, the forums, or the website have been updated for the last 3 months or so.  One of the developers was on another board about a month or 6 weeks ago saying it would be out by the end of Feb.....then, nothing.

I agree that it's an interesting and unique take on a 4X game, but until I see some progress indicating it's actually going to be finished, I have no intention of Grennlighting it.

fabius

Quote from: tgb on March 06, 2015, 07:26:07 PM
I bought into this as soon as it appeared at GamersGate.  Neither the game, the forums, or the website have been updated for the last 3 months or so.  One of the developers was on another board about a month or 6 weeks ago saying it would be out by the end of Feb.....then, nothing.

I agree that it's an interesting and unique take on a 4X game, but until I see some progress indicating it's actually going to be finished, I have no intention of Grennlighting it.

Doh! That's terrible. I hear more and more stuff going vapour ware. Was it kickstarter?

tgb

I don't know.  I saw the Early Access version pop up on GamersGate one day, and after watching some video previews decided to take a chance.  It's a good concept and can be a good game if the developers finish it.

fabius

I have never bought into early access except for Ultimate General. And never kickstarter as it seems some people are using it for scams.

Yeah, I checked their forum and looks like last post was 3 moths ago. On Steam there are posts from 18th Feb.


Oh well, will just see if the game makes release, is stable and is likely to be supported.

fabius

Quote from: tgb on March 06, 2015, 07:26:07 PM
I bought into this as soon as it appeared at GamersGate.  Neither the game, the forums, or the website have been updated for the last 3 months or so.  One of the developers was on another board about a month or 6 weeks ago saying it would be out by the end of Feb.....then, nothing.

I agree that it's an interesting and unique take on a 4X game, but until I see some progress indicating it's actually going to be finished, I have no intention of Grennlighting it.

Seems to be answering questions on the Steam green:

Quote78% of the way to top 100. We're in the last week of development here, just doing bug fixing. We'd like to ship this thing - so tell your friends to vote.

I'm not sure, but seem to recall that this one man show, or very small team.

fabius

Quote from: tgb on March 06, 2015, 08:58:11 PM
I don't know.  I saw the Early Access version pop up on GamersGate one day, and after watching some video previews decided to take a chance.  It's a good concept and can be a good game if the developers finish it.

It is green lite, and the Dev is responding on Steam. Game complete and bug squashing before release.

And thought you'd like this quote:

QuoteYep. Just show proof of purchase with our contact email and we will hand out Steam keys on an informal basis. After release.

tgb

Hah.  That's a response to a question I completely forgot I posted  ;D.  I'll have to ask him what "proof of purchase" he wants to see since I didn't get it direct, I got it on GamersGate.

Maybe a link to my library.

steve58

This one is out on Steam...$18 (thats with 10% off until May 12).   Supposed to be a tutorial video out today.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

tgb

I've been playing 1.0 for a few days now, and it really is a different spin on the 4X concept.  Wait for the tutorial if you must, but once you read the manual (and it a really good manual), it's not hard to grasp.

bbmike

Just watched the developer tutorial on Youtube. I'm really, really tempted to buy this now.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Huw the Poo

This is available on Linux and Mac but only from the developer's website, it seems; Steam says Windows only.