Interest in a Multiplayer/Cooperative Battle Academy 2 Campaign Game

Started by Double Deuce, May 02, 2015, 03:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Double Deuce

Hmm, not seeing a way to review the end game map, just the casualty stuff. I'll need a way to know what objectives were taken and which weren't. Not seeing that is possible atm.

Barthheart

They should be a Victory banner showing you won .. or lost... overlaid over the final map. In the upper left corner should be a listing of the all the objectives and whether you made them. If you can't SE them there is a hot key to bring them up... Not sure which it is as I'm not at my PC.

Double Deuce

Think I found it. Making some progress, just have to learn how the AI scripting works. Having the hardest time getting the # of game turns set. The manual is not much help with the editor.

Double Deuce

Having some trouble (errors) trying to add scenario text but have just about completed a test mission bu t can't post it on the Slitherine forums because theirs won't recognize my unified login although all the other Slitherine related sites do.  :knuppel2:

Anyway, for those still following along, here is the map. It's a sorta mock up of an ASL mapboard . .

23 June 1941 - The mission, take your Soviet Rifle Company and move south to block German advances north from Lomza. Although it is raining, you should reach the objective road junctions just as dawn arrives. It is raining.


Double Deuce

Since it seems that you cannot save an end game results to email to someone and the screenshot will not convey enough end game info, I'll be working up a short 'Post Combat Report' form for submitting that to the GM.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Double Deuce

Hmm, seems you can use the hotkeys to get back to the end game info I need but its not printable so will need to be screenshotted. I'm working on an end game AAR form, probably a basic .txt form for ease of access. On that form I should only need the end game objective (which side each is held by) and individual unit status' (including if the unit is OK, KIA and current Rank).

There will be a custom replacement system for use between scenarios (pirated from SASL and tweaked to fit BA2).

Right now I have a basis for an Operation Order form created. Each player will get this with the scenario file and it'll include more detailed  scenario information. I'll post a sample when I get it further fleshed out.

Barthheart


PipFromSlitherine

If you are scripting custom missions, you could use the DebugLog command to output a results dump to the error.log file?  Or indeed pop up a dialog with data in it.

Cheers

Pip

Double Deuce

Quote from: PipFromSlitherine on May 11, 2015, 11:28:20 AM
If you are scripting custom missions, you could use the DebugLog command to output a results dump to the error.log file?  Or indeed pop up a dialog with data in it.

I'll have to check on getting the DebugLog. What's happening is when I use the Scenario Description Exporter all goes well but then when try to open the scenario to play, that's when I get the errors and the game crashes. If I delete the "SCENUI_ related txt file in the \BA2\CAMPAIGNS\SASL_TEST\DATA\UI folder and then run the game, the scenario loads no problems but the briefing text is obviously not updated. I'll see if I can get access the Slitherine forums and report it there.


Double Deuce

Ok, here is the draft mission briefing format  I am planning to use. If anything thinks more information should be added that would help potential commanders understand the mission and their objectives, even those of you just browsing the thread, please feel free to post.