Wolfenstein: The Old Blood standalone preqel to The New Order

Started by FrontierCybrarian, May 06, 2015, 09:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FrontierCybrarian

Fellow fps players this is a very good game. I'm into it 4 hours now and the shooting, weapons, graphics, sound, ambience are all nice...quite nice. The rag-doll effects for sniped Nazis falling into water below from high tower planks is a great touch.

I'm not too concerned about the story or whether this advances the Wolfenstein series because it's a prequel. Am I having fun shooting the various weapons and exploring the surroundings? Yes! I'm enjoying the Canal and Docks (just leaving this) missions better than the first couple. I'm glad I didn't judge the whole game by the first hour or so.

While the Crysis titles probably had better graphics I enjoy playing this one better. Maybe it's because of evil Nazis and the settings. It doesn't take too much for true fps players to get into a game if the running and gunning is intact. For experienced players I'd recommend using the medium or hard difficulty settings & you'll be in for a challenge.
Task without Vision is Drudgery
Vision without Task is Dreaming
But Task with Vision is Destiny.

The Church News, January 4, 1958

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2015, 02:13:43 PM
About 5 hours in now and this one is more traditionally 'Wolfenstein'...ie big old German castle with lots of occult accoutrements and big ass guns. There is no one on these boards who will not squee when they fight their first heavy infantryman...

This is exactly why I play the Captain America movie tie-in game once a year or so.  :smitten:

Punching Wolfenstein Nazis in the face with an invulnerable shield while doing acrobatics: priceless.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Just wait until you reach Wolfburg. The occult stuff REALLY starts kicking up then.  >:D

Gusington

SQUEE! I'm jumping into the cable car now. Can't be too far away...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I want an exclamation that doesn't end in a chipmunk-esque 'EE'.

Work with me here, Alvin.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I see that you edited your post. Which has to mean you like the 'EE.'
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

The cable car sections are really well done. Caution if you are afraid of heights.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

FrontierCybrarian

Guys, I'm telling you this game is evoking all kinds of emotions...some natural, some supernatural, some bizarre! Take your pick:

-Squee
-Squeel (sp)
-Squeal
-Tee Hee Hee
-Eee Eee Eee
-E I E I O
-Yow Wee
-Ggggg-Ghosts
-Wee Doggies
-Nnnnnn Awet CCC's

Bayonet, you're the grammarian here with a huge written and spoken vocabulary. What else are the Wargamer's experiencing emotionally?
Task without Vision is Drudgery
Vision without Task is Dreaming
But Task with Vision is Destiny.

The Church News, January 4, 1958

Gusington

Haters gonna hate, FC.

Anyway, could only play for about 45 minutes last night but I made it into the caves and mines below Wolfburg. Some tough fights down there...got my arse kicked plenty.

Going back for more tonight, of course :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd