Wolfenstein: The Old Blood standalone preqel to The New Order

Started by FrontierCybrarian, May 06, 2015, 09:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: FrontierCybrarian on May 12, 2015, 11:12:01 AM
Guys, I'm telling you this game is evoking all kinds of emotions...some natural, some supernatural, some bizarre! Take your pick:

-Squee
-Squeel (sp)
-Squeal
-Tee Hee Hee
-Eee Eee Eee
-E I E I O
-Yow Wee
-Ggggg-Ghosts
-Wee Doggies
-Nnnnnn Awet CCC's

Bayonet, you're the grammarian here with a huge written and spoken vocabulary. What else are the Wargamer's experiencing emotionally?

Pussification.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

FrontierCybrarian

Task without Vision is Drudgery
Vision without Task is Dreaming
But Task with Vision is Destiny.

The Church News, January 4, 1958

Arctic Blast

And, finished. It isn't a long game, but it's a fun romp.

And now, bring on GTA V : The Download Process...after The Witcher 3 : The Preload Process finally finishes.

Gusington

Holy crap you finished already?? How many hours did it take you?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on May 13, 2015, 08:58:46 PM
Holy crap you finished already?? How many hours did it take you?

Looks like around 5. I didn't really mess around searching out too much side stuff, though.  :)

Gusington

HA I'm at 6 hours already with barely 25% covered. I do explore though. You must have torn through...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Okay. Prepare thyselves before the sale dost end...

Old Blood vs Nazi Zombie Trilogy

GO!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I saw that Nazi Zombie Trilogy on sale...is it any good?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FrontierCybrarian

#39
Longblade, I spoke out of line about there being no felines or cats in the game. Later on a girl has a wooden carved cat she was going to give to a friend. How was I to know? My apologies.

I completed the game in over 9 hours on wimp setting and I tried to pick up most of the health packs, ammo cans, armor, gold, and weapons. The graphics and play are truly amazing on higher settings and with a powerful graphics card. The end monster was neat and hard to kill. Tip... use the specialized pistol (I believe either weapon seven or eight) initially to get the beast's energy down.

One thing I need to mention that's been overlooked...The Old Blood is Winter & Summer Olympic politically correct...at least in title only. There is no "blood doping" to enhance athletic performance by these prequel Nazis. It's Old Blood.  So now you players who had questions about this can sleep in peace (hopefully in one piece) tonight.

Guys, I've played bits of the original Zombie Army 1 & 2 and they were quite fun although quite a bit tougher than The Old Blood. The graphics aren't as good but there are way more Zombies (duh). The gas masked chain gun soldiers were especially tough. This new Zombie Army Trilogy contains improved versions (graphics and play) for #1 and #2 games. I haven't got into the play of the later title yet where there's a Zombie Hitler predominately.

The question is...how much Zombie playing and running and gunning do you want? If you can't get enough then go for it. If you are a bit tired of fps and the somewhat redundant nature (lacking deep story and linear game play) of the genre then let it pass.



Task without Vision is Drudgery
Vision without Task is Dreaming
But Task with Vision is Destiny.

The Church News, January 4, 1958

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2015, 02:13:43 PM
About 5 hours in now and this one is more traditionally 'Wolfenstein'...ie big old German castle with lots of occult accoutrements and big ass guns. There is no one on these boards who will not squee when they fight their first heavy infantryman...

I have never squee'd playing a video game.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd