Distant Worlds: Universe gets new update

Started by Martok, May 19, 2015, 09:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kushan

I'd really like to see ship firing arcs and some more depth to the ship designer.  I don't find the clutter of ships too annoying but I would like the fleet display on the right to be changed from icons to show the number of each type of ship in the fleet.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Rayfer

Quote from: Ian C on May 21, 2015, 06:40:57 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on May 20, 2015, 02:00:06 PMI hate how cluttered it gets around your space stations when your civilian economy starts to kick into full gear, with all those ship sprites overlapping one another.

Did you know you can fade or disable civilian ships graphics entirely in the options?

No, I didn't....thanks for the heads up.

Ian C

You can disable quite a bit, if you don't like how busy it gets...


Options /Advanced







sandman2575

Ian -- I thought that was just for the 'zoomed out' galaxy (or solar system view), not in close -- will have to check that out -- thanks

Tuna

Which version was before Universe? If I wanted to start watching some let's play video's to play again, I'd want to make sure I'm watching the right ones.. Was it Shadows, or the Return one?

Kushan

Quote from: Tuna on May 21, 2015, 03:28:19 PM
Which version was before Universe? If I wanted to start watching some let's play video's to play again, I'd want to make sure I'm watching the right ones.. Was it Shadows, or the Return one?

Shadows
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Tuna


fabius


Con

I am going to buy it even though I dont have any intention of playing it for the next 6 months.....does that make me a sad person?

Con

Barthheart

Quote from: Con on May 28, 2015, 05:04:24 PM
I am going to buy it even though I dont have any intention of playing it for the next 6 months.....does that make me a sad person?

Con

No, no. That makes you frugal and prudent in your spending..... really.  :crazy2:

Martok

Quote from: Barthheart on May 28, 2015, 05:23:29 PM
Quote from: Con on May 28, 2015, 05:04:24 PM
I am going to buy it even though I dont have any intention of playing it for the next 6 months.....does that make me a sad person?

Con

No, no. That makes you frugal and prudent in your spending..... really.  :crazy2:
+1 

Considering that Obama will probably be out of office the next time the price is this low, now's a good time to pick it up!  ;) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces