Friday is upon us - let the games begin

Started by JudgeDredd, May 22, 2015, 03:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 22, 2015, 08:19:18 AM

See that river? It's not as fordable as you think!!

  This happened to me in the ARMAIII Afghanistan map.   Drove a tank into a river thinking "How deep can a river in a desert be?"  It was about 40 feet deep.  The tank crew and I got out and we attacked on foot and were shot to bits pretty fast.

JasonPratt

Not sure yet what else I'll be doing (with the nieces if possible), but for Memorial Day weekend I'll certainly be trying to put a quick stop to the American Civil War with a small two regiment brigade in my Take Command 2 AAR of the 1st Bull Run battle.

Or if I can't get a survivably epic failure out of that instead of an epic win (assuming I'm going to fail since the plan is pretty crazy), I'll reload and try a safer defensive win.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Capn Darwin

Getting all the scenarios and presentations ready for the GrogHead HQ Staff Planning Exercises for Origins in over a week!  O0

...and know that is not enough time to get it all done and ready  :tickedoff:
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Martok

It will be almost entirely space/sci-fi 4x goodness for me this weekend: 


Some more Birth of the Federation (Ultimate Mod 5), and have started a new Wekkarus campaign in Distant Worlds: Universe now that the new update is out.  I also need to take Pandora for a spin since I picked up the Eclipse of the Nashira expansion pack. 

Maybe a little Sovereignty if I feel the need to change things up... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Well done UCG, you magnificent bastard.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Kudos, UCG. You're living the dream. Of course, in my case, "working for myself" would fall somewhere between "Subprime mortgage lending" and "Arab-Israeli peace talks" on the Unlikely To End Well Spectrum...

Still hooked on Prison Architect.  Would be nice to get back into some Kerbal Space Program as well...

Anguille

I plan to continue my campaigns in CIV V and Shogun 2 TW. I've only started to play both games this week. So far, i am not really that impressed. CIV V is a very classic successor to the series, looking good and plays smoothly. Still, not too excited yet but it's pleasant and relaxing. Shogun 2 has a really nice strategy map but i have to say that so far the battles have left me "meh". They look great but it usually ends with a big rush on the center by the AI without much tactics...so far it's been way too easy (battles). Actually it makes me want to play Takeda 3 with it's, imho, much superior battle engine. Will try to focus on the campaign.

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 22, 2015, 08:19:18 AM

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 22, 2015, 07:07:41 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 22, 2015, 07:05:15 AM
...
lost 2 vehicles already and we haven't seen each other yet
...
Say WHAT?  ???

See that river? It's not as fordable as you think!!


LOL!

Also warn him about driving tanks over small bridges.

;)

W8taminute



This is the version I fondly remember of the Eurythmics.  When I saw Annie Lennox take that wig off in the video for the first time I was absolutely stunned and shocked.  "I stumbled through the debris."  Always had a love for the Eurythmics.

Judge the video you posted is forbidden here in the states.  I think I found one that is permissible for us yankees.  I had a big crush on the girl in this video because she reminded me of a waitress I worked with that I wanted when I was 18.   :smitten:
But I was just a humble dishwasher that no girl wanted.   :'(

 


As for gaming I'll be bouncing between Project Cars, Bladestorm Nightmare, and the recently rediscovered and now fully functional under Win8 "Pacific Storm Allies" with the Rising Sun mod.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Man, Bladestorm Nightmare has gotten hammered in the PS4 reviews, averaging around 53% from 22 reviews!

I'm thinking I might be better off staying with the original.  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

3.5 day weekend for me starting an hour and a half ago, with the weather looking to be rubbish there should be plenty of time for gaming. Command will be taking up a lot of my time. Going to be doing a complete rework of the scenario I've been working on. I should be able to reuse most of the forces I already have set up but most of the missions and scripting will need to be redone. Good news is the new scripting should be easier to do.

I'll definitely be continuing my EUIV and Distant Worlds AAR games. Going to try and throw some Elite, Kerbal and Cities Skyline (with the new patch) in there somewhere as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 22, 2015, 03:08:58 PM
Man, Bladestorm Nightmare has gotten hammered in the PS4 reviews, averaging around 53% from 22 reviews!

I'm thinking I might be better off staying with the original.  :o

I really don't know why there is a lot of hate on the game.  I think they did a great job remastering the original campaign that you can play in this version.  I haven't tried the Nightmare campaign yet as I wanted to judge the original content first and compare it to the PS3 version.  I might post some gameplay vids of mine here over the weekend if there is any interest.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rizik6

I'm having nausea problems with Witcher 3. No FOV adjustment that I can find. So I'll have to revert back to OoH: Pacific and GC3 until there's hopefully a mod for FOV.

Nefaro

Quote from: Rizik6 on May 22, 2015, 05:51:19 PM
I'm having nausea problems with Witcher 3. No FOV adjustment that I can find. So I'll have to revert back to OoH: Pacific and GC3 until there's hopefully a mod for FOV.

Ugh.  Well, if someone else is getting it then I will too.  Looks like Witcher 3 is off the list.

Skoop

Flying the La5 and Yak1 in il2 battle of Stalingrad, and crewing a t-62 in SABOW.

Maybe a couple rounds of Verdun.