Main Menu

GTA V

Started by JudgeDredd, April 18, 2015, 02:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Swatter

Hey everyone!

My brother and I are looking for some mature folks to do Heists with us, people with some semblance of patience. Heists can be rather involved and take multiple steps, so inviting people you trust are a must. We generally play together Thursday-Sunday in the evening until whenever (US time zones). I would trust most anyone from Grogheads, so if your interested leave your social club ID so I can look you up. Just go with the flow and work like a team.

As far as driving, it can be tricky and requires practice. At sane speeds the cars are controllable. At insane speeds, that is where practice comes in. When you buzz through red lights going 120, your going to need some skill.

I have really only played the online portion of the game, but saving is pretty seamless there.

glen55

Quote from: Swatter on April 20, 2015, 05:39:48 PM
Hey everyone!

My brother and I are looking for some mature folks to do Heists with us, people with some semblance of patience. Heists can be rather involved and take multiple steps, so inviting people you trust are a must. We generally play together Thursday-Sunday in the evening until whenever (US time zones). I would trust most anyone from Grogheads, so if your interested leave your social club ID so I can look you up. Just go with the flow and work like a team.

As far as driving, it can be tricky and requires practice. At sane speeds the cars are controllable. At insane speeds, that is where practice comes in. When you buzz through red lights going 120, your going to need some skill.

I have really only played the online portion of the game, but saving is pretty seamless there.

So far I have pretty much been assuming that nobody is coming on the red lights. . . .

Also, is it just in the first mission or are these cars well-nigh indestructible?  For sure, it took a lickin' and kept on tickin'.  None of that inconvenient tires dragging against the smashed quarter-panels or anything.

My ID is bombastulin, but I'm so new you probably don't want to play with me.  But anybody here can try me in a couple of weeks.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Swatter

The cars can take a lot of damage, but their performance decreases as damage increases. I would prefer a more realistic damage model, but its still a blast.

I think generally for the heists, we need shooters and not drivers. So, once you get decent with that we can do heists. As I said, we are just looking for mature adults that have more than a 10 second attention span. Ill add you to my friends, come and play with us when your comfortable.

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 20, 2015, 04:17:45 PM
I feel for you man. Particularly when the extra level of DRM seems pointless.

I know a guy at work who is using the game with none of the Social Club bollox. Go figure. He pays nothing and gets a trouble free gaming experience. You pay and you're f*cked.

DRM can do one  :knuppel2:

Maybe this is of interest to all GTA players :

Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen  : http://www.bluesnews.com/s/160913/rockstar-social-club-accounts-stolen

JudgeDredd

That does not surprise me tbh

I think I'll make a note of the details of the game when I'm finished and then see what they're like when I start up again.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

BanzaiCat

So, dumb question. Does this iteration of GTA let you blow through red lights with cops sitting there, ignoring you?

I've always found it good that it doesn't come after you for stuff like that, because otherwise it would take FOREVER to get from one side of the map to the other, or even just down the block.


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 21, 2015, 09:44:29 AM
So, dumb question. Does this iteration of GTA let you blow through red lights with cops sitting there, ignoring you?

I've always found it good that it doesn't come after you for stuff like that, because otherwise it would take FOREVER to get from one side of the map to the other, or even just down the block.
I think so. I can't say for sure, but I have blasted through many, MANY red lights and I can't believe there hasn't been a policeman around.

They are very active when you shoot someone but I haven't been chased once going through red lights.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

BanzaiCat

I think IV got a lot better about you blowing down the street with reckless abandon, hitting other cars with aplomb and no worry of consequences. In IV they'll come after you/chase you down, sometimes even shoot at you (though rarely). I know mowing down civvies on the sidewalk will give you wanted stars, but having a Crazy Taxi/destruction derby moment or twenty hardly ever gets the law's attention.

Ian C

Today's update has fixed my issue, and I have to say a big thanks to their telephone support which was exemplary.
Now, back to mayhem...

glen55

Still only played about 3 hours, but the traffic laws seem to be rather loosely enforced.  Blowing through red lights, side-swiping vehicles, and plowing through groups of pedestrians don't appear much to be frowned upon.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ian C

Just got past the torture scene. That was the most awful and powerfully thought-provoking gaming experiences I've ever seen, and to play through it, was horrible.
Spoiler-free warning: it's not good, but if you play through it (there's no option to skip) there's a strong point that Trevor makes at the end and it's not a dark ending.

undercovergeek

weekend at Bobs


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Grim.Reaper

Cheapest I have seen it...only $32 at GMG, using the code of 20PERC-HARVST-SAVING

might have to finally purchase this one....

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/grand-theft-auto-v/