Main Menu

pCars issues

Started by JudgeDredd, June 02, 2015, 05:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

My beloved pCars does have issues.

This is a race at a shortened Imola - this is the practice session. I was wondering where all the cars are...they weren't in the pits and I didn't see any on the track....until here...they weren't moving by the way - just sitting there.
   

Also
 

  • Pit entry is pretty poor. If the game is going to take over entering a pit, do it right...
  • Difficulty - I'm not sure it's working (or at least not working well). I had the AI down to 85% and was 1.3 seconds ahead of the pack in practice at the shortened Imola track. I exited and put it up to 92% and went back in and notice very little difference. Eventually I put it to 100% and the closest AI was 0.9 seconds behind my RUF GT3 (there were a mix of the class)
  • Damage model - sketchy at best. A light brushing with the Armco can give me steering issues. On the other hand, driving straight into the Armco at over 100mph breaks my windscreen and knocks a headlight out (the pit crew said I had broken my left headlight and they were working on a replacement). I was able to go back to the pits with no issues at all...all wheels were intact
I still absolutely love the game. It is still, at present, my goto racing sim.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

W8taminute

Those are some serious issues.  I haven't noticed any of them myself but I have not been putting much time into the game recently.  Too many other distractions.  I hope that these issues get patched. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Both the issue with the pits and the AI level seems to be track dependant.

At Bathhurst, the AI at 85% gave me a good run. I couldn't get further than 6th place on the grid and that was at 85%. This little Imola track I was almost a full second ahead of the AI on 100% and 1.3 ahead on 85%.

At Bathhurst and Nordshleiffe I suffered at the hands of the AI everytime it took over going into the pits. Hell - the latest patch mentioned removing the cones at the Bathhurst pit entrance because they caused issues.

So both are track dependant. If you try any of the 3 tracks I mentioned, watch out for those.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Bardolph

Been enjoying the racing, or at least some of it...when everything is working.
But have had issues with wheel calibration and FFB, HUD (and some other settings) doesn't save, trouble at times when changing cars with settings seemingly carried over to the new car, troublesome open-wheel AI and other minor niggles that have served to dampen my enthusiasm a bit. Fun when it works but enough foibles I have often found myself playing other games instead.

Where/how did you get that speedo/tach in the lower right?  Haven't seen that before.
And I sure wish I could arrange HUD items where I want them instead of the pre-selected spots they give us, but I guess that is to make it console friendly?

JudgeDredd

I don't normally drive that view and only jumped out to take the image. There's an extra two settings under a menu option under your profile which allows mirror and speedo to be shown. The option escapes me at the moment and I'll check later tonight if I remember

Also I thought you could re-arrange the hud? I haven't tried but I vaguely remember coming across a place where I could.

The issues have slightly dampened my enthusiasm...but only ever so slightly (just now) and it is still a great game and currently it's the one I fire up.

However, things like that jam make that track unusable. I couldn't continue practice.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Bardolph

Ah, I've not used that view either, though I do have virtual mirror on since I set my FOV to the proper angle.

You can re-arrange the HUD currently, by dragging things to the 8 or so specific places they allow, but changes will not save so you have to do it every time. This at least is a known issue that is supposed to be addressed in the next patch.

JudgeDredd

^ I see. I haven't tickered with the HUD. I use the helmet view mostly. I do occasionally put the full HUD up (springs/RPM/brake temps etc) but only very occasionally. Generally, I'm happy with the options on the MOTEC, the mirror, the small gear and tyre display on the right and the track layout
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

DennisS

Have you'all checked out the new racing management game, Trackday Manager? It is for sale on Steam.

I have watched several YT videos..it looks like it could be fun. Still early access, and still clearly in development.