Griping about Simulations

Started by MengJiao, June 01, 2015, 09:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

In that case, if you're into U-Boots you'd have to lose three quarters of the time.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MengJiao

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on June 04, 2015, 10:53:26 PM
If you're really looking for a simulation of US WW II sub conduct, make sure that you end up dying at least 23% of the time in the campaign game. 

For representing < 2% of the total US Navy ranks, the Submarine Service played a huge role in winning the war in the Pacific.  And they paid for it dearly.

  I think the dangers of loss from causes other than enemy action are a lot less in most simulations (eg. in SHIV, being sunk by US forces isn't likely and running aground and/or hitting mines isn't very likely either).  No matter how you look at it; you're a lot safer in a simulation.