Fallout 4 Official Trailer

Started by BanzaiCat, June 03, 2015, 12:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

JD, you must mean the sewer area in New Vegas. I've played through the game three times and avoided the sewers each time. Then again I don't even like going into the vaults, either, and only do it if I have to, to further the main plot.

Gusington

Funny those are exactly the type of levels I enjoy.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I loved Fallout 3 up to the point where I upgraded my computer and it wouldn't run anymore.  I have tried and tried to get it to run on Win 7 using all of the tweaks I have found out there, but it just doesn't work right.  I'm with Gus- I like the DC area much better than Vegas.

I played a bit of Vegas but not very much; certainly not enough to have an opinion on it.

F4 is a definite buy for me.  Not necessarily day 1, but surely at some point.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

Question (and yes - I'm already furtively looking at my wallet) - do the games "follow"? Is it the same character and the same story line? Do you need (probably not the best word...perhaps "beneficial"?) to play 3 and and Vegas to get a feel or are they individual games in their own right?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Toonces

I thought Vegas and 3 were completely isolated stories.  I don't know (I don't think they do but I'm not sure) if they share the same "lore" like Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Yes, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are separate storylines with separate individuals. Same world, of course; you'll get some references in New Vegas that you probably heard of in Fallout 3.

Tpek

Finally it's officially on Steam...
Now for the game to come out.

As silly as FO3 was when it first came out, I've really developed a craving to play such a game again.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2015, 12:31:15 AM
I never played 2. I did get 3 and enjoyed it - to a point. I also got New Vegas - and enjoyed it to a point.

Like the wise words of MengJiao - I'd probably enjoy this to a point to.

Another £50 for an RPG. Seems the price of games has jumped £15 overnight.

Who am I kidding...I will likely get it.

It's one of those things though that you feel you have to go back to the beginning. I've done that with Batman. I've gone back to Arkham Asylum to finish it so I can play through the others and eventually get Arkham Knight.

There's a Fallout weekend deal on Steam.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2015, 08:50:39 AM
Question (and yes - I'm already furtively looking at my wallet) - do the games "follow"? Is it the same character and the same story line? Do you need (probably not the best word...perhaps "beneficial"?) to play 3 and and Vegas to get a feel or are they individual games in their own right?

Every Fallout game has a completely separate protagonist. 

Story wise, there is a pretty strong connection between Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.  They all concern the same geographic area, and the hero character of each of the three games have impacted that world between the three games. 

Fallout 3 and 4 are on the East coast, and are just a shared universe rather than connected to the story threads of the first game.  There are a few of the major players from the West Coast that appear in Fallout 3, namely the Mutants, Enclave and Brotherhood of Steel, but they're not quite the proper versions of those groups that appear in the original games and New Vegas. 

All the games can be played standalone, there's nothing you NEED to know if you play the prior games, however it does enhance your enjoyment to know what came before. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Fallout: Tactics was pretty decent too. I picked it up on sale last summer and enjoyed it for a few hours.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

#26
Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2015, 07:28:31 PM
Fallout: Tactics was pretty decent too. I picked it up on sale last summer and enjoyed it for a few hours.

I picked it up shortly after it first came out, years ago.  Had fun with it until I ran into some bug that stopped my campaign cold.  I couldn't get past it, and that was the last I played it after getting frustrated.

Went back to doing some Fallout 2 after that, anyway.  Best of the bunch.  Want a new updated sequel to it.  I've enjoyed Wasteland 2 but I prefer the much more open fallout setting and running one more highly detailed character than a group.

TacticalWargames

Didn't really excite me at all.  Looks more of the same.

airboy

This is one of the weirdest game coincidences in my life.

I'm in DC right now on a 5 trip for a wedding, baseball and spending some wife time.

I was getting back into the mood to play Fallout 3 because of my time in the ugly, ugly, ugly DC metro.  Some of the stations are quite complicated.  Then I finish up a complete draft of my conference presentation, log onto grogheads, and see the announcement and trailer for Fallout 4.

Little Fallout History:
Wasteland was the precursor to the Fallout Series & was done by Brian Fargo.
Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas all had back story linkages.  The links were closest in Fallout 1 & 2.

I loved, Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas.  I liked Fallout 3 a lot - but it was too easy.  I have high hopes for Fallout 4.

Guess I got to get my research in progress completed in time for the release.

BTW - Dogmeat never looked better!

endfire79

Probably a good time to pick up New Vegas on Steam for sale right now and catch up on things - done!
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."