Master of Orion returning

Started by RedArgo, June 09, 2015, 07:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RedArgo

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/09/world-of-tanks-publisher-working-on-master-of-orion/#more-293701

http://masteroforion.com/

Looks like maybe a remake and not a reimagining.  Looking forward to see what they have come up with.  It says more to come at E3 which is next week.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

I was hoping for a redo on MOOIII.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Anguille

#3
MOO 2 may be next. I just hope it's not a MMO. If mot, i am happy, cautious but happy. Hope tout read more gold news.

Greybriar

From its Pre-Order Info page: "Over 20 solar systems with more than 100 unique stars for the taking"

Those are much smaller numbers than the ones in Master of Orion II.  :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

Quote from: Greybriar on June 09, 2015, 11:16:26 AM
From its Pre-Order Info page: "Over 20 solar systems with more than 100 unique stars for the taking"

Those are much smaller numbers than the ones in Master of Orion II.  :-\

With so much more opportunity of DLC...:(

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on June 09, 2015, 11:20:53 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on June 09, 2015, 11:16:26 AM
From its Pre-Order Info page: "Over 20 solar systems with more than 100 unique stars for the taking"

Those are much smaller numbers than the ones in Master of Orion II.  :-\

With so much more opportunity of DLC...:(

QFT.

I like the idea of DLC as expansions.  As in.. adding more content to a complete base game we enjoy.

But all those old arguments about developers cutting back the base game content in favor of DLC sales has been coming true.

Swatter

I am a little skeptical, but I am glad something is in the works.

I am a little confused with the game's scale. 20 star systems? I guess we will find out eventually.

Huw the Poo

How can there be 100 stars but only 20 solar systems?  Doesn't sound right.

steve58

Apparently there are only quintuple-star systems in that sector of the galaxy...:coolsmiley:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

You're asked to register before viewing the pre-order page.  Kiss my hairy arse.

KyzBP

Somehow it'll turn into a First Person Shooter.  >:(

bbmike

Huw, you've already pointed out two things that have me very worried.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Greybriar

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 09, 2015, 03:43:45 PM
You're asked to register before viewing the pre-order page.  Kiss my hairy arse.

Just scroll down the page I linked to using the vertical slider on the right of the browser window. You don't have to register.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Huw the Poo

Am I missing something?  If I scroll all the way down, I just see "Be one of the first to pre-order!"  But no other info.  If I click that, I'm then asked to register.  I was hoping to see details of price and platform etc.