Steam Summer Sale 2015

Started by steve58, May 29, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Rayfer on June 11, 2015, 12:57:22 PM
tempted to get X: Rebirth for $13.49.

For what it's worth, I bought this myself recently and already have 24 hours logged (astonishing for me).  I think it's good.  Not without a few issues, but a very enjoyable game nonetheless.

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 11, 2015, 12:06:17 PM
It started ...  and the site is down.

Naturally.


Even if you manage to get on and miraculously purchase something, you probably won't be able to d/l it worth a damn.

The first two or three days of the sale will be this way.

bbmike

I don't remember having any problems in the past with Steam being slow during a Summer Sale. Maybe I've been lucky?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bardolph

Quote from: bbmike on June 09, 2015, 04:48:35 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 09, 2015, 04:41:45 PM
I'm trying really hard to NOT buy HoMM V for 2.49 on Steam right now. :(

Why not? Consider it practice for the Steam Summer Sale!  :D

I think you want Tribes of the East, which apparently with a patch allows you to play through all the content from HoMMV and the other expansion.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?611-The-HoMM5-Content-Combo-Pack-from-Good-to-Great-in-a-single-490MB-download

I've been looking at it meself.

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on June 11, 2015, 01:31:13 PM
I don't remember having any problems in the past with Steam being slow during a Summer Sale. Maybe I've been lucky?

Oh.. check it out once prime time starts.  Once people start rolling in for the evening, there will be regular time-outs.  I'm sure they've increased their hosting capacity over recent years but there are still some dead spots.

I recall gifting games in previous years where they didn't show up on the recipient's account for two or three days.  Mixed with repeated time-outs when trying to check out, not knowing whether the order went through. 

Probably the worst during the Christmas sales, though.

WallysWorld

Gonna catch up on all of the CKII DLC's that I'm missing and also a few EUIV DLC's as well. Maybe the Miami route for Train Simulator 2015 as well.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Dimitris

Quote from: bbmike on June 11, 2015, 01:04:48 PM
A lot on sale! I recommend looking at Steam Sales Tracker to see them all!
It doesn't seem to list them all. <ShamelessPlug>CMANO is 25% off but is not listed there.</ShamelessPlug>
Command: Modern Operations
https://command.matrixgames.com/

Sir Slash

Only 6 months until the Christmas Sale! :D :D :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Arctic Blast

Picked up Gas Guzzlers Extreme, since it's unlikely to dip too far lower than 75% off. Nothing else for me...yet. There will be. Oh yes, there will be.

Huw the Poo

I'm getting about 10 KB/sec at the moment...

Skoop

Kind of under whelmed, all the stuff I want has stingy discounts.  No buy unless it's 75% or more off.

-budd-

Quote from: Skoop on June 11, 2015, 03:18:14 PM
Kind of under whelmed, all the stuff I want has stingy discounts.  No buy unless it's 75% or more off.

This person has standards.....I like it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Me too but...BUT...a lot of my wishlist is marked down to around 3-4 dollah!!! Come to think of it for most that is at least 75% off  :D
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

I had an email from isthereanydeal.com helpfully informing me that 48 games on my wishlist are on sale.

Gusington

That is quite helpful. Unless you want to save money/HD space.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd