Scourge of War: Waterloo! announced

Started by steve58, March 24, 2014, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

em2nought

Bah, talk, talk, talk!  Where is the video of limey squares coming under mass cavalry attack?  Bah!  ^-^
Stolen elections have consequences.

jomni

#136
Quote from: Hentzau on June 11, 2015, 08:23:43 PM
Bah, talk, talk, talk!  Where is the video of limey squares coming under mass cavalry attack?  Bah!  ^-^

It doesn't happen in the game since the units are not 1:1 representation... You can't have a nice massed cavalry attack.

mikeck

Bought it. Looks good and runs well. I like the new interface. I like right clicking on an areas and having the menu Pop up...juts me.

Anyway to download a PDF manual? I have it on my computer but it's a pain to email it to myself so I can download it onto my kindle
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Cyrano

You can, however, organize your attack by squadron which is assuredly the historical thing to do...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Johnnie

Dear Jarhead:

Would not want you to jeopardize your electronics by taking such a drastic measure as turning off an antivirus. Nor, did I mean to insult anyone.  I did not realize Jarheads were so sensitive with respect to such matters. Oh, I did purchase the game on the day it was released; but that is kind of beside the point.

Asid

I got it on day 1. Only dabbled with it. It seems to run ok for me so far. Windows 8.1 + Avast anti virus switched to "gaming mode". I may see problems when i spend more time with it though.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

panzerde

Didn't get to play long tonight, but it was no problem this evening. I think I figured out a fix on my game/rig.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

Quote from: Asid on June 11, 2015, 09:28:19 PM
I got it on day 1. Only dabbled with it. It seems to run ok for me so far. Windows 8.1 + Avast anti virus switched to "gaming mode". I may see problems when i spend more time with it though.

Regards

Maybe we should do some Co-op eventually, after I scare up the scratch and get it.

RyanE

Just to show that SOW isn't the only game with the AV issue.  It hits CM games hard sometimes too. 

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119876-help-reinstalling-please/

Not saying it is good product management, but SOW isn't alone.

Rayfer

So....is this the American Civil War with Napoleonic uniforms and maps or does this new game incorporated Napoleonic tactics that differ from the ACW? With the old HPS games I quickly learned that using ACW tactics in their Napoleonic games didn't work(i.e assaulting in column rather than line and use of skirmishers).  Is this true with this game too?

Pete Dero

Quote from: RyanE on June 12, 2015, 05:19:46 AM
Just to show that SOW isn't the only game with the AV issue.  It hits CM games hard sometimes too. 

Correct.  I have AVG Internet Suite (paid version) and it flags most CM exe files as malware.  It is the behaviour of the DRM part of the software that causes these problems.
It doesn't force me close my AV but i have to add these files to the exceptions list.   If i don't do this there is no way of installing and my backup files end up quarantained.

However i never had any issues with a Matrix game (but i don't have SOW).

jomni

I'm really disturbed with this guy.
What is he doing in the battlefield?


Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on June 12, 2015, 08:26:09 AM
I'm really disturbed with this guy.
What is he doing in the battlefield?

That is obviously Starfury. Nothing to worry about.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on June 12, 2015, 12:28:44 AM
Quote from: Asid on June 11, 2015, 09:28:19 PM
I got it on day 1. Only dabbled with it. It seems to run ok for me so far. Windows 8.1 + Avast anti virus switched to "gaming mode". I may see problems when i spend more time with it though.

Regards

Maybe we should do some Co-op eventually, after I scare up the scratch and get it.

That would be great :)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

Had my first repeatable crash. 
Press Show High Scores.

Edit: Restarted the game and it's ok now.