Steam Summer Sale 2015

Started by steve58, May 29, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on June 12, 2015, 04:17:34 PM
Quote from: Bison on June 12, 2015, 03:42:30 PM
I'm good.  Picked up Magic 2014 and 2015.  2015 got a big beat down do to some poor choices by WotC with DLC decisions charging for "booster" packs, but now they are earned in game and it has a full deck construction.  Sure it doesn't have every freaking card, but why should it?  It still has deck construction with a good variety of cards and feeds my magic fix.


It has FULL deck construction?  Not just adding a handful in & out of the pre-constructed ones??

Yes it does.  Get a copy and we can maybe do some casual duals.  I got the special edition and the expansion for like $15.

Huw the Poo

Heh, Dungeon Warfare is pretty fun, and amusing.  I like the juicy sound effects as you slaughter wave upon wave of squishy Humans. O0

ComradeP

#122
Yes, the sounds are neat, as are the traps. The physics system is also fairly detailed for a game that looks this simple.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you throw an enemy against a wall, he might bounce back. Generally speaking, something like the spring trap is best used 3 tiles away from a pit I believe, or two if there's only pits between the trap and the wall.

The minecart tracks can be a blessing and a curse. Something getting run over by a minecart is fun to watch, but the bomb minecarts can also damage barricades, and you can't place traps on the tracks.

The rune system also keeps the game fresh, you can make it as challenging as you like and also change in which way you want to make the enemy more challenging. I always play with only 1 life, out of tower defense habit.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

undercovergeek

any thoughts on the banner saga?

Dammit Carl!

Picked up Day of Defeat as I'm a Valve fanboy (and the $2.49 pricetag didn't hurt either) and I've got to say that I'm surprised at:
1. how well it runs on my old laptop.
2. how active a community it still seems to have.
3. how much I totally suck with the gameplay in it at this point.

Think I'll pick up the CoD WW2 themed version and call it a day on WW2 fps'es.


Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 13, 2015, 11:35:31 AM
any thoughts on the banner saga?

I was a little disappointed with it because the meat of the game is the turn-based tactical combat portion and I found it to be too simplistic and limited to be engaging for very long.

Bison

While I'm on my ranting soap box today.  How can Gal Civ III be a daily deal today at 10% off?  It's been 10% off the entire freaking sale already.  You know what would be a daily deal Steam?  A % off the game price that is greater then the % that was already off of the game.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Bison on June 15, 2015, 12:07:47 PM
While I'm on my ranting soap box today.  How can Gal Civ III be a daily deal today at 10% off?  It's been 10% off the entire freaking sale already.  You know what would be a daily deal Steam?  A % off the game price that is greater then the % that was already off of the game.

They just corrected it to -25% off.  I was thinking the same thing!

PE

Bison

Quote from: PanzersEast on June 15, 2015, 12:08:32 PM
Quote from: Bison on June 15, 2015, 12:07:47 PM
While I'm on my ranting soap box today.  How can Gal Civ III be a daily deal today at 10% off?  It's been 10% off the entire freaking sale already.  You know what would be a daily deal Steam?  A % off the game price that is greater then the % that was already off of the game.

They just corrected it to -25% off.

PE

See and who says Steam big wigs don't read Grogheads!

PanzersEast

So what is the feeling on GalCiv III?  I am not keen on paying that price as I already have II Ultimate edition.


PE

Bison

I haven't bought it yet.  I'm torn right now.  I loved GalCiv 2, but am feeling the pull towards something more groggy like To End All Wars from Ageod.  Fortunately I have 48 hours to ponder it. 

Skwerl

I just picked up Dominions 4 - a whopping 75% off!  Dominions 3 may be my favorite game of all time, so this was a no-brainer for me at the price.

Huw the Poo

Good work Skwerl!  If you liked Dom3 you're going to LOVE Dom4!

DennisS

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 16, 2015, 07:58:20 AM
Good work Skwerl!  If you liked Dom3 you're going to LOVE Dom4!

Agreed. Dom 4 is excellent.

MuzzyDev

Flash sale today (Tuesday) - Verdun is 50% off.
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane