Mysterious deaths within British Defence

Started by besilarius, June 12, 2015, 06:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

besilarius

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/06/the-mystery-of-the-marconi-deaths/

Had not heard of these.  Still, we don't know where Bawb's appendage has disappeared to.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

When i hear marconi, i think of a zamboni.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Quote from: besilarius on June 12, 2015, 06:11:28 PM
http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/06/the-mystery-of-the-marconi-deaths/

Had not heard of these.  Still, we don't know where Bawb's appendage has disappeared to.

Ok, that is an eerie amount of deaths.  :o

But I can't help but wonder what the average number of deaths would have been, for a company that size, at that point in time.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bob48

Oh blimey. That's a bit wosname, spooky, innit.

<shudder>
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!