Steam gems badges etc.

Started by Philippe, June 15, 2015, 01:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Philippe

I have a bunch of items accumulating in my Steam account, and suspect that I can do something a bit more useful with them.

Blue Coins from Gamersgate I can wrap my mind around.

Gems and badges and whatever those things are called put me off a bit, because I'm not sure I want to waste time and mental energy on figuring out how to do a vanity display that I'm not that interested in making in the first place.  The number of Steam games that I own is, if anything, an embarassment, and not something I particularly want to advertise when I make a posting on Steam forums.

What, if anything, am I missing ?
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

-budd-

mine were adding up for years, i finally decided to just put them up for sale. I made about $15 dollars, i still have about 30 i think up for sale. It is a little time consuming going through them all, now i just put them up as i earn them. What ever you sell the amount ends up in your steam wallet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Jarhead0331

Badges can be sold in the market for money that you can then use to buy games. Its laughable that people will pay actual money to buy a little virtual trading card, but hey, I'll gladly take the cash, even if its just a few cents here and there.

Inventory items can also be converted to "gems". Gems, I believe, are used for placing bids on games that Steam auctions off. I've never tried to get into it. I always sell inventory items for cash.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

I sell mine as well.  I just list it for 1¢ less than the current going rate and it adds up. 

FarAway Sooner

I liken gems on Steam to wearing a bright shiny necklace that says, "I'm a Valve Ho".  I'm OK with the truth, but fail to see the value in advertising it.

Freyland


Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys