NYMAS panel discussion on Waterloo Saturday 20 June

Started by Philippe, June 18, 2015, 03:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Philippe

NYMAS is going to be holding a panel discussion on Waterloo at the Hudson River Park branch of the New York Public Library this Saturday starting at 10:30 AM and apparently running for a large part of the day.

The publicity surrounding this event has been very hit or miss, and I only happen to know about it because I went to a NYMAS lecture on Waterloo a few days ago. 

They were handing out partial fliers for it at the lecture, which I then happened to notice in fuller form tacked to a bulletin board when I stopped by the library to return a video.

Depending on which written sources you believe, the panelists are supposed to include David Markham and Al Nofi.   

The HPR branch is in lower Manhattan at 66 Leroy Street between 7th and 8th Avenues (closer to 7th), tel.: (212) 243-6876.

I'm planning on going (it's only a couple of blocks away so how could I not), but if Markham and Nofi don't show up I won't stick around.

Nofi was the designer of one of my all-time favorite wargames (Imperium Romanum) and a veteran of the old days at SPI (before they folded and were bought out by Decision Games).



Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

panzerde

Man, I loved Al Nofi stuff! I hope he's on the panel and you can report on how it went for those of us who aren't in the vicinity.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres