For Honor (New 3rd Person Warrior Action Game from Ubisoft)

Started by trek, June 19, 2015, 08:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

trek

Since Ryse is still my favorite sword-fighting combat game followed by Chivalry I've longed for something new. That game is finally coming as Ubisoft has just revealed at E3 their new property entitled: "For Honor". Featuring a Medieval setting you can play as a Knight, Viking or Samurai. Here is the link for the Official Game Site. On the media section check out the premiere trailer and also especially the gameplay trailer. To me it not only looks fantastic but the gameplay and controls are going to be very visceral and skill enhanced. Just what I've been hoping for!

www.forhonorgame.com


Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Nefaro on June 19, 2015, 10:04:03 AM
But... it's Ubi.  :-\
People would be much happier with them if they didn't use the intrusive Tages system. And what is with that permanent internet connection cr*p for single player? Their stuff is on Steam, so why all the additional layers of DRM? It seems excessively paranoid to me. The Ubi extra - and draconian - DRM is a major deal breaker for me.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Boggit on June 19, 2015, 10:25:37 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 19, 2015, 10:04:03 AM
But... it's Ubi.  :-\
People would be much happier with them if they didn't use the intrusive Tages system. And what is with that permanent internet connection cr*p for single player? Their stuff is on Steam, so why all the additional layers of DRM? It seems excessively paranoid to me. The Ubi extra - and draconian - DRM is a major deal breaker for me.

They haven't actually launched anything that has to be always online for a couple of years now.

Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 19, 2015, 10:29:27 PM
Quote from: Boggit on June 19, 2015, 10:25:37 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 19, 2015, 10:04:03 AM
But... it's Ubi.  :-\
People would be much happier with them if they didn't use the intrusive Tages system. And what is with that permanent internet connection cr*p for single player? Their stuff is on Steam, so why all the additional layers of DRM? It seems excessively paranoid to me. The Ubi extra - and draconian - DRM is a major deal breaker for me.

They haven't actually launched anything that has to be always online for a couple of years now.

Yes, but they still have extra hoops and headaches.  It's Ubi.

I haven't bought much from them in years.  I think the last was SH5.. and only after they added the option to run it offline after the initial headache of using their craptastic login system (which gave me some annoying game update problems at one point).

Before then I had one of their digital games which used Tages (limited activation DRM) and it refused to work until I did a web search and tracked down some specific Tages update that I had to install manually before the game would even run. 

It's this kind of bullshit that has rightfully given Ubi a bad name.  I'm not confident in purchasing their titles due to my past problems with their buggy and/or annoying DRM methods.  I generally don't even look at their new stuff anymore because I've seen no indication the paranoid bastards are going to change that situation for the benefit of their customers.

Jarhead0331

I agree that uplay is a pain in the ass. There is no reason why I should be loading a game in steam only to have to log in and load up uplay, as well. They have improved the experience somewhat over the years, making the loading process more seamless, but uplay still pops up as an added step. Despite being an annoyance, it is not something that would ever prevent me from buying a game I wanted.

My biggest problem with uplay is somewhat self-inflicted. I have somehow ended up with two separate accounts. Some games are associated with one, while some are associated with the other. Its been very difficult keeping track of each and sometimes when I load a game through steam I am forced to re-login to uplay with the alternate account.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

Is this like that Chivalry game?  Yey Samurai! But doesn't look accurate.